your best Anthrax moment

J1NX

Sep 10, 2004
What's your defining Anthrax moment? The one that's forever seared into your brain? I have many, but the winner has to be the first time I heard the heavy riff at the start of ATL kick in. That was 17 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. I was 13 and had only gotten as far as AC/DC and Iron Maiden. 16 bars later my world had changed for ever. Yeee-haaaaaa!

I heard Fistfull of Metal on my friends boom box way back in 84-85. We just got Ride the lightning and thought that was the heaviest shit ever. Then Deathrider came on. It blew our fucken minds. I then went and spray painted ANTHRAX RULES all around town. Have been infected ever since.

J1NX said:
What's your defining Anthrax moment? The one that's forever seared into your brain? I have many, but the winner has to be the first time I heard the heavy riff at the start of ATL kick in. That was 17 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. I was 13 and had only gotten as far as AC/DC and Iron Maiden. 16 bars later my world had changed for ever. Yeee-haaaaaa!

Good thread J1NX, my ultimate Anthrax moment was when the lights went down to the white noise and "this is a journey into sound" intro on a cold Sunday night in the Barrowlands Glasgow. I was standing about 6ft away from Scott Ian as the band burst into Potters Field, and at that precise moment i thought "now this is fucking music"...
Up till then i had liked ATL, AOTKB and had just bought SOWN. To this day i'm a sad fanatic. What a good fuckin night. :headbang:

1987 the first time i saw Anthrax... they kicked my ass and i had no idea what Joey was singing was now i am still hooked.......2nd was the Priest and Anthrax show the Day of The Patroits and Raiders Tuck rule bullshit. Anthrax comes on and play everything i wanted to hear including IN A ZONE.......

Heh heh. These are cool little stories! Jockthrax, are you going to Motorhead + Sepultura at the Barras?

First time I saw them on the Maiden no prayer tour. Scott got into a scrape with some asshole in the audiance who thought it was fun to throw fire works at the band.
Besides that I would say the first time I met the band on the White Noise tour. Getting to chat with John, Scott, and Charlie. Spitz walked by us smiling with two brods and brought them on there tour bus. He probably played Hide the sausage with the two Dorothys.

Buying and slapping the Armed and Dangerous EP onto my turntable and waiting for STD to come out then I heard AI mother fucking R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My greatest moment definitely comes my first time ever seeing them on the Stomp tour in Tampa. I was right up front and going nuts, I couldn't believe I was finale seeing my heroes. Then during the chorus of Anti-social, John just handed me the mic and let my sing (scream actually) the whole chorus by myself. I remember seeing Scott look over at John with a big smile cause I growled it so intensely. The rest of the show was a blur after that I was so excited. To top it off, got backstage after the show and just hung out with the whole band for about 30 minutes...YEAH!! Still the best day of my life :headbang:

have to be stomp tour,it was the first time i saw thrax in australia,when they played in a zone i just couldnt believe how heavy they sounded

Moshkinstein said:
Agreed! I was maybe 10 years old and watching the video for madhouse at sky channel's "monster of rock" show.
I was 10 too! What happened was that my father taped some bands´ videos from a friend of his.

There's so many but I guess the most memorable was begging my mom to buy me Spreading the Disease at K-mart and listening to it on my headphones on the way home. She didn't want to buy it and kept trying to talk me into getting some gay country tape instead but I kept on begging and she finnaly caved in. That was the first "real" metal tape I ever got.

1990 - Anthrax's first tour to Oz on the POT tour - I was 12 at my first ever rock concert - the clock on stage ticking and everyone going beserk as they tore into Time.

The Stalker of Right Track Studios video ... :) Hilarious shit!

Seriously ... I'm the man live ... simply nothing like it! Hilarious and and just manic!

i remember when i got ATL i was not old enough to drive, but my uncles friend who was about 20 years older than me took me to get this cd he was the kind of dude in to Rush, Zep and the usual AOR stuff of the late 80s. Whe i put that tape in his car radio he flipped out. He couldn't believe there was music out there like that. He couldnt believe how fast it was. Once i got home i just sat on my bed reading the jacket and what not, listining to the tape.

Oh geez...where do I start?
Maybe being in the What doesn't Die video shoot. Or on the DVD. Definetly meeting the band backstage and hanging out in Chicago was cool. (with fellow board members)
Getting my hands on ATL and never shutting it off for a few years, is unforgettable.

Here's a great one.....
Being the hardcore Anthrax fan that I am, I was pretty bummed that Joey was gone and the band was looking for someone else.
Then SOWN came out. I was completely blown away at how much better the music and vocals was.
SOOOOO....being the pessimist that I am....I declared that John could never sing that good live, nor play the old shit very good.
WRONG.
Seen them at the Phoenix Ampitheatere in Pontiac and will never forget that concert. It was the best one I've been to. (and I don't miss them when they come around)
White Zombie was amazing also, they were nobody's at the point too, opening for Thrax.

I think what forever seared Anthrax into my brain was the Among the Living album.

Memorable moments include skipping class one day in high school to travel to San Antonio for the Anthrax/Iron Maiden show. Complete with Joey B, Frankie B, and Danny!!
Another was the first time I saw John Bush live with Anthrax. That one was in Oklahoma with the Misfits. I went into the show skeptical, but needless to say, he so won me over.
And then there was one show I caught in McAllen...not this last one where they were supposed to play with Motorhead...but the one with Judas Priest...not really that there was anything special about it, but I know Scott Ian looked RIGHT at me...I smiled for like a week!