Has Anthrax expanded your vocabulary???

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
Back when I was a kid about 12-13 starting to listen to Anthrax records like ATL and SOE - Anthrax had all these words in their lyrics that I didn't know - did anyone else find this as they grew up listening to them??? They had me running for the dictionary quite often !!!!!!!!!!!!

Indians - I never knew what APATHY (can never solve) was when I was 12 ......

Subjugator - who could honestly say they knew what that was when they were a kid?

Medusa - wouldn't've known who she was !!!!

NFL - 12 year olds don't usually know what a NICHE is ........

Make Me Laugh - had no idea what an EVANGELIST was .........

Schism - speaks for itself really !!!!

I'm sure there's a bunch more, especially with some of the lyrics on POT - but these are the ones I remember when I was a lad.

I bet I'm not the only one here !!!!!!!!

????

I guess I was lucky. I read alot so the never helped me with my vocabulary.. Though after all these years I'm still a horrible spellar. But they did introduce me to Judge Dredd.

I'd say schism was added and the NOT comment from SNL. All the other ones I read or used already. I was 16 or 17 when I first heard Anthrax. I had to read a lot for school and by the time ATL came out in 1987 I was almost 19. Fuckin' old man.

When my ex looked at the song titles on SOWN, she knew the chemical symbol meant Sodium Penathol. She was a clever biatch. Anthrax didn't expand her vocab.
The only word I think Anthrax taught me was "Schism." And I learned "Douche" from SOD back in the day.

Oh the memories of jr high and looking up words in the dictionary that I learned from Anthrax songs, Among the Living is a prime example. To this day I would like to thank Scott for expanding my vocab--can't say the same for Metallica or Slayer. Megadeth was good for a political view point