Anthrax Show Stunk

i agree with him that spitz was a shredder and that i like belladonna singing more and the old stuff is better, but the new stuff definitly rocks but rob and john are most excellent, robs contributions on wcfya is most excellent and johns voice fits the new music very well.

SLAYER85 said:
i agree with him that spitz was a shredder and that i like belladonna singing more and the old stuff is better, but the new stuff definitly rocks but rob and john are most excellent, robs contributions on wcfya is most excellent and johns voice fits the new music very well.
I'll give you a week to change your opinion :wave:

Good Lord !

Someone must have pissed in "Cellars" Corn Flakes this morning ! Dude, your opinion is your opinion, but to be perfectly honest you seem to be the one who is stuck in a Time Warp ! . If you were expecting to see the "Anthrax" from the 80's tuff shit , we have the Anthrax of the 2000's . The Band sounds great , looks great and play great ! Come on the drumming was bad ? if it was that bad then you should have took your ass right up beside Charlie, kindly asked him to move over so you could "perfect" the task yourself. ......I'm thinking "NOT".

I have been an Anthrax fan since my early teens...hell the first concert that I ever attended was when Anthrax opened up for Ozzy(long, long , long time ago). I have never walked away from one of their shows disappointed

I gotta give him credit for having the "balls" to come to this message board and post a thread like this.

nuff said :headbang: on....

getting off my damn soap box :Shedevil:

TheCellarsTheSafestPlace said:
:hotjump:
I'm sure this is old news, but Anthrax sucks horribly. I knew they weren't the band of old, but I expected so much more. blah.....blah....blah They're so boring and the drumming, I never realized how awful it wasblah blah blah........
blah........blah.......Then Bush blah blah........
blah........blah....... for FREEDOM in Iraq and Afganistan (thought I was listening to fckin' george bush)...BURP...buncha republican corn. blah blah........
blah........blah.......
these meathead I've never seen at any metal shows. BURP. Avoid at all costs!
ok flame away!!!! but I was once a huge Anthrax fan.

Thanks for the tip, dude. I'll be sure to avoid Anthrax at all costs.

*wonders why Cellar purchased an Anthrax ticket*

do you need balls to say something stupid and get credit for it??How about this: Fistfull is the best Trax album ever and after Neil Turbin they never played one decent show, Danny is a Giant and Trax don't play live it's all taped............get a live!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone. I'm new here and wanted to write a review of the kick ass show I saw in Buffalo the other night but if feel I have to respond to this first. I'm not sure exactly which show this guy was at or if he was even at the show. He's deffinately not talking about the same show that I attended. First of all i've have been coming to this page over the summer to read reviews so I had an idea of what they were playing. So the song selection shouldn't have disappointed this guy. When has anthrax ever done a marathon set and gone for 2 hours or more? As far as I know Anthrax has never done that and they usually do about a 90 minute set and do the stuff they need to and leave. The energy and enthusiasm these guys played with is one of the best i've ever seen from a band. Maybe this guy is was hagaing in the back and not feeling it unlike me and the others who were at the front of the stage. I love the stuff from the 80's and if you were expecting the whole set to be from that era then you truly have not come into the 21st century yet which is a great place to be and live in. Of course Anthrax is gonna do stuff that cover their whole career. Especially when most of the fans their are fans of the new and old and were signing along with all the songs. So Anthrax should do all 80's stuff? Why? It is their best stuff but those albums have been successful and sold well for them. They need to play the newer stuff because in America they really aren't getting that strong of a push with the new material and playing it live is the only way a lot of the fans may get to hear and the best opportunity they have to try and sell WCFYA,Vol8 and Stomp.

There were some sound problems but it didn't take away from my enjoyment. That's just the risk you take when you play a small club like that and their sound system may not be the best. The sound sucked for the openning bands as well. It's the venues amps not the bands. If you don't dig the new Anthrax don't go to see them. John has been in the band for 10 years so i'm sure you knew that before going. I've seen both Joe and John live and if you wanna see Joe's lame ass stage presence and play the songs of the 80's go see him since he's touring with an Anthrax tribute band right now. If you wanna see a kick ass frontman and a great live performer like John Bush then feel free to see Anthrax again but obviously you don't care for the modern Anthrax so just don't go to the shows anymore.

Sorry about the long rant. The guy did what he set out to do and got me going.

Rock On!

Anthrax rules. Nuff said. And balls for trying to piss off other fans? Like he'd come back anywayz. I'm rooting for our troops, does that make me a republican? No, I'm an independant, I vote for who I feel like voting for.

nothing funnier than a person that comes into a board post one time to stir it up, never comes back, and everybody goes psychotic. Everyone has an opinion. I think that it will be awesome once we hear the box set and the live cd with john doing both old and new as I truly think he makes both sound awesome where joey sounds like a singer from a particular time era.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should be able to express it but it seems this dude was gonna be dissappointed no matter what was their set list. The only way he would have been satisfied was if Belladonna and Spitz showed up.

Speaking of setlists, wouldn't it be cool if Anthrax played about 10-14 songs, all from SOWN, Stomp, and V8? And then walk off the stage, comeback for an encore. Rip into Contact/WDD and play the whole WCFYA from start to finish.