Your Choice for COB Singles

(__Joonas__)

† Followed the Reaper †
Mar 23, 2005
Finland
Do you think COB could've done better decisions when choosing a song from each respective album to be represented as the single song? Or if not better choices, do you have exciting ideas that could also have worked.

Follow the Reaper - I think Mask of Sanity could've been a fucking kickass single, because it would sound more low and powerful and have those macho screams that it does live, plus longer intro. Taste of My Scythe could have been good too if improved. (I think Hate Me was great too, that's not what I mean.)

Hatecrew Deathroll - The band definitely picked the wrong song for the single of this album. It should've been Needled 24/7, no question about it. Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood could also have been great if improved.

Hatebreeder - Can't see Downfall having made a big impression on people, dunno, I wasn't around those days. I would've picked Towards Dead End and made it better, with the intro of included that's on the demo version.

On Follow The Reaper, I think the single choice couldn't have been better. Hate Me just works without questions as a song. It would've been strange if they would've taken something else, because the song is one of their classics.

On HCDR, I can't really understand why they chose YBOD, they don't even play it live. Maybe it was one of their first songs made for that album, maybe other better songs weren't fully ready. I think YBOD is still a great song. (That could explain the fact that they didn't make a musicvideo for it.)

And on HB, as they already made a single of the song COB, it leaves TDE. But Downfall is one of those classics again, the song just doesn't really get old, unlike TDE. And they probably would've had to cut the instrumental part of TDE, which is the best part of the song :)

With AYDY they made the perfect choice.
With HCD I like a lot YBOD,but I agree that Needled 24/7 would have been more kick ass single(but maybe they didn't release it because it was the better song of the album and people wouldn't buy the full album then).
With FTR I definitely think that,even that the single version of Hate Me! it's better than the version on the CD,Mask Of Sanity,Every Time I Die or Kissing the Shadows would have been lot more kick ass singles.
With Hatebreeder I completely dissagree with the choice.I hate Downfall,but also I think that Silent Night,Bodom Night or Warheart would have been better.
With SW,well was there a single from SW?Because the single missing in my post is Children Of Bodom(EP),but Children Of Bodom is from Hatebreeder,so...Anyway,if a single had to come out from SW,I would definitely choose Deadnight Warrior.

Jesse- said:
On HCDR, I can't really understand why they chose YBOD, they don't even play it live. Maybe it was one of their first songs made for that album, maybe other better songs weren't fully ready. I think YBOD is still a great song. (That could explain the fact that they didn't make a musicvideo for it.)

Yeah, that was the case, it was a bit rushed and they would've rather done Needled.

Yeah, mask of sanity is a kickass song.. I wonder why it doesn't get more attention?
You're right about that You're better off dead was not really a good choise ^^; They would definately have taken Needled instead...
As for AYDY, they've picked pretty good songs to be singles ^^ But I like LDB too

I think Needled 24/7 is the worst song on the HCDR album. I think something like Bodom Beach Teror or Sixpounder should have been released as the single. As far as FTR and AYDY, they were great choices.

Something Wild-Lake Bodom

Hatebreeder-Towards dead end

Follow the Reaper-Northern Comfort and Mask of Sanity,along with Everytime I die.

Hate Crew Deathroll-Triple Corpse Hammerblow or Bodom Beach Terror

Are you Dead Yet?-Still plenty of time to choose,but I'd say either Living Dead Beat or hmmm....we're not gonna fall