Your Concerts For This Year So Far...

I just ordered a ticket to see U.D.O. in April and Motorhead goes on sale Friday!

Ok, looks like the Motorhead show isn't actually happening. Must have been a mistake on Ticketmaster. Makes sense, they're playing overseas around that time.

Tomorrow I have the Soundwave fest where I will be watching, Metallica, A Perfect Circle, Slayer, Killswitch Engage, Tomahawk, Kyuss Lives, Anthrax, Crossfaith, Stone Sour, Bring Me The Horizon, Periphery, Cancer Bats, Miss May I and Amity Affliction.

Then in the next 3 months I have Tool, Deftones and Coheed

2013 is so awesome \m/

Metallica has announced Orion Music two day music festival to be held in the Detroit area this year on June 8th and 9th.

Ended up getting Snake Pit tickets for this. Regular tickets are pretty steep for this being $150 for a 2-Day Pass. This better be good. I can't believe that some folks are shelling out $750 for the food and beverage tickets. Would you drink $500 in beer in 24 hours? I never would. Not even sure beverage means beer but it must at that price.

Sadly, I have yet to see any concerts this year. And so far, there has been nothing that is coming around that I desperately want to go see or am willing to drive halfway across the state to see.

Soundwave (Adelaide) was truly incredible. Got to share it with my 15 year old son too who had a blast.

We got to see Anthrax (Dais & Dette were great fill ins). Joey stole the show. Man what incredible energy from him.
Also saw Slayer (great set but very sad to see no Jeff or Dave up there), Stone Sour, Tomahawk (Mike Patton is so hilarious - love that guy), Dragonforce (man never knew how great they are. Like 1980s Helloween on steroids) and of course Metallica who were fricken incredible. Even scored a Metallica pic for my son.

Fond father & son memories to take with us.

Soundwave (Adelaide) was truly incredible. Got to share it with my 15 year old son too who had a blast.

We got to see Anthrax (Dais & Dette were great fill ins). Joey stole the show. Man what incredible energy from him.
Also saw Slayer (great set but very sad to see no Jeff or Dave up there), Stone Sour, Tomahawk (Mike Patton is so hilarious - love that guy), Dragonforce (man never knew how great they are. Like 1980s Helloween on steroids) and of course Metallica who were fricken incredible. Even scored a Metallica pic for my son.

Fond father & son memories to take with us.

That Rules Aliasp! We went as a family, Wife and 2 sons to the Melbourne Soundwave. We nearly didn't get there, my eldest James had been sick all night throwing up. We made it there for Anthrax, he was sick all through the show, but I took my youngest Bradley into the pit and everyone loved it that I was exposing to him the "old school". Caught in a Mosh and Fight'em are favourites with the family so we were happy LOL. I was left disapointed with the set duration, 6 songs. Shorter than the other Soundwave gigs. Anthrax were tight and sounded great. Jon Dette did an awesome job, and for Slayer as well, no mistakes at all. Slayer had no stage presence, Jon Dette had more energy than the rest put together, the "die hards" loved it I'm sure but I even saw people in Slayer shirts just standing there. I've seen Metallica 10 times and this was the best performace. Hardly any mistakes, super tight and clear. Best I've seen Lars play since the Black Album tour. My son James' favourite song is Leper Messiah and I was so happy for him when they played it. Melbourne was the only show it was played. My wife and Bradley love One and I had Bradley on my shoulders. One thing I noted. Both Anthrax and Metallica slowed the tempos a fraction. This is not a bad thing, they played a lot closer to the album tempos and sounded so much tighter and heavier. Slayer got lost in the mix at times. This is not to critisise Slayer, it's the way they play, just sayin'. All in all, a great day, even though we spent a few hours in the 1st aid tent resting my son, no eftpos and crap phone service. Just wish people would be more considerate of kids when smoking weed, my boys have just as much right to be there as anyone. :kickass:

I jus ordered a ticket to see The Black Crowes in Peoria. A bit of a drive, but it should be worth it.

Anybody here seen Loudness lately? Tickets go on sale friday and I'm thinking about going.

Just got back from this show -

1016632_10151666830909443_1759877257_n.jpg

Showed up for the main stage, the crowd wasnt that into anything until Pennywise who put some action into the place and the crowd was hot for the rest of the night.

Offspring was great. Second time seeing them. Set was -

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
Bad Habit
Come Out and Play
Have You Ever
Staring at the Sun
Hammerhead
Days Go By
Want You Bad
Gotta Get Away
Why Don't You Get a Job?
All I Want
Americana
(Can't Get My) Head Around You
Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
Self Esteem

I've never seen them, still haven't heard the last couple of cd's. Are they worth checking out? I like the first few albums.

I would say yes if you like both their old and new stuff. They rarely play anything from the first 2 albums but I did see them play 'Elders' from their self titled debut when I first saw them in 2005. Their setlist today is basically from Smash to the present album.

Splinter is the last one I have. That was released 10 years ago, I know they released at least one more since then.

I would say yes if you like both their old and new stuff. They rarely play anything from the first 2 albums but I did see them play 'Elders' from their self titled debut when I first saw them in 2005. Their setlist today is basically from Smash to the present album.

Last year, they played Ignition in its entirety :headbang: