Your copy protection works Dan!

Pardi

New Metal Member
Aug 19, 2003
Untill today a copy protection on ANYTHING has never gotten in my way... But dealing with 44 tracks is a pain in the ass and i couldnt find any good versions of Crimson II online. So i went and bought it instead, and i got the crimson II t-shirt also. Point is that your record label might have found the best way to discourage pirating!

Well... alot of it has to do with me loving your music so much. But if i found a perfect version of crimson II online it might of been diffrent.

Thank you for Crimson 1 and 2! The best damn cd's ive ever listened to... lol, crimson 1 is the only cd i have that broke because i listened to it too much!

The best cd youve ever listened to and yet you hesitated about buying it? Something is not quite right there. I hope it was for a severe lack of funds.

I've never been big on pirating music from underground artists. I mean, downloading the new Metallica album, who cares. Those guys are swimming in money, so not getting their dime from your purchase isn't going to hurt them too much.

But, it always seems more personal to steal music from bands like EoS, or pretty much most of the bands we listen to. I mean, Swano has more talent in his index finger than 95% of all the mainstream bands out there combined, but, these bands are in it for the love of music. They write music for the purpose of creating art, and their music is probably the best stuff being put out anywhere in the world right now.

Yet, they're relagated to small little labels because they don't appeal to that wonderful target audience of 13 year old girls that make up so many record sales.

So, I'm always in favor of supporting the true artists. A CD is $13. The music will last forever. I think that's a fair price.

"Yet, they're relagated to small little labels because they don't appeal to that wonderful target audience of 13 year old girls that make up so many record sales."

Like Justin Timberlake? ;)

You know what (tss tss!) - Dan's happy having you as fans and he really doesn't care (shit! what did I just say? shame on me!) how you got his music.. Or do you really think that his talent stops in the shadow of a record copmany? No fucking way... He wants his music out in any possible way... no fucking credit... if my fav. musician will get some money back from his music, ok that sounds good but i doubt he will... so what the fuck... you want some shitty mp3 quality poo? of course, using cheap china-made player: go ahead! if u have any respect for yourself and for Dan himself: buy that nicely-designed CD (Dan, how the hell i wasnt there?:)) and drop a few extra cents to the pocket of most talented musician in the world (after Ed Wood.. he wasn't musician? fuck, he was a person, so who cares!?). And fuck all compromises, do what you call "proud" under your balls! Choose your way: moneyless begger or a man - dont worry, you will stay will your potentiality... who cares about your honesty?
..and beign Dan Swano's fan for at least 12 years i can say: this guy must have respect at least only cos he is the biggest fan of his own fans.. Damn... You arrive in Orebro and this fucker meets you at the bus station (under snow.. with his wife who has a cold and son at home) and doesn't even give u a chance to pay for lunch (and tonnes of his CDs as present)! and after that you come to my area and tell to my friend that you downloaded his Cd w/o paying and you are happy... Same with my beloved NG! how many times have I heard that ppl DL'ed the whole cd w/o any respect to Matt, that artist girl and Dan himself, Erik, Dag and Tom! U think that is your right maybe? nope, that is your the fucking waste and fuck you! try to respect your own own job and maybe you'll get something more than nothing someday... Of course you'll tell me that you ordered the CD at amazon, but sorry, I dont trust you.. RIP

Music with the quality of that which Dan puts out, has to be bought. There is just no excuse for not doing it. I've bought Purgatory, Crimson, Moontower and Crimson II so far. Certainly more to come :)

That's a good point Opethfan. And CDN's point is very good, too.
I like to hold an album in my hands, look at the artwork, read the thankslist or whatever. That belongs to the music. I think Mp3's are good for teasing, and checking out a band, but not to rip the whole album.
no, no, no. And even though Dan's not getting much from the sellings, it's important to buy the CD's, to give the label the chance to release a next record and so on. I mean, you can't get a printer or a new PC for free, why you should get music (which is so much more) for free? But I have to admit that the CD prices are going crazy, at least here in Germany. 18 € is just too much, 13 would be great. :)

Dan Swano is fucking amazing. After reading the lyrics to Crimson II I sat there thinking, damn, this is the output of one damn creative mind! Why aren't there more people like this guy? I mean sure I downloaded the Crimson II album at first, only because you can't buy awesome shit like that in New Zealand CD stores, and because I had never really heard of Edge Of Sanity before so I wanted to get into them before I bought a CD I had never heard before. But now I have ordered Crimson II off theendrecords.com and I will most likely buy every other CD the genius has released.

Dan is an "artist" in every sense of the word. He is, to me, one of the most talented, friendliest and coolest musicians I know of. He isn't about the money, but we need to support him so he can continue making music. He is a very down to earth person too. He will always take the time to reply your emails, even if it's just question he's answered a million times before. He will take the time to hop on this forum, read through some of the threads, and every once in a while drop a few lines to shed light on some misunderstandings.

When I first emailed him a long time ago telling him I was desperately looking for the Unicorn albums, he told me he would burn them for me free of charge so long as I send him two blank CDRs and postage. He didn't have to do it, and he wouldn't earn a single buck off of it, but he made me believe that he cares a lot about people who are eager to check out his musical endeavours. He is simply amazing. I would love to one day meet him, shake his hand and thank him for everything he's given me.

I feel it's my duty to support him and buy his albums, because they certainly have so much to offer.

The Grand Design said:
I mean sure I downloaded the Crimson II album at first, only because you can't buy awesome shit like that in New Zealand CD stores
I've bought all the EoS albums from a CD store :p :p
Hehe, I'm just playing with you really, there's maybe 4 good CD stores in the whole of NZ, I'm just lucky enough to live close to 2 of them ;)

Tranquillian said:
The best cd youve ever listened to and yet you hesitated about buying it? Something is not quite right there. I hope it was for a severe lack of funds.
if i had money right now i'd buy all the rest of Dan's stuff, I only have Emotional Wasteland and Alive Again, and i'm totally impressed with both. As for downloading, on the first count I don't think its right to rip off good bands who are deserving of the money they make, and second here in the US i doubt i could find anything online anyway.