your fav Testament lyrics

one man

Jul 4, 2002
Poland
Visit site
Ok, since there has been some complaining about the lack of Testa-related threads, I've decided to start your typical "what's your favourite TestAmenT..." kinda thread. Let's focus on lyrics this time, because I don't recall such topic (or at least one hasn't occured in a while).
What are your types?

shit, I started a thread and forgot to name my favs. it's 3 AM and i'm sure I could come up with a better list during the day....but let's try- here:
1.chasing fear
2.troubled dreams
3.sewn shut eyes
4.legions (in hiding)
5.the sermon
6.10000 thrones
7.d.n.r.
8.perilious nation
9.the legacy
10.together as one, deadline or p.c.

My fav lyrics are:
1. Sins of Omission
2. Disciples of the Watch
3. Down for Life
4. Into the Pit
5. Demonic Refusal
6. Eerie Inhabitants
7. Fall of Sipledome (songs about global warming make me laught :lol:)
8. Shades of War
9. Chasing Fear
10. First Strike is Deadly (...in the final hour, knowing of your retched fate,and the Serpent's, POWER! FIRST STRIKE IS DEADLY!)

AAAARGH! I had a long list, but then my grandparents' stupid-ass computer refreshed itself. Goddamn PCs. So I'll just say "Hail Mary" has the best lyrics as a song, The Gathering (especially "Eyes of Wrath") as an album, and the phrase "Brings a sullen tear to your eye" from "Return To Serenity" is brilliant.

Oh yeah, and they had some DAMN FUNNY lyrics on The Lgeacy. Like "The evil pathed our way." :lol:

for some personal reasons recently i have a hard time listening to Down4life - the lyrics have an impact on me everytime i play that song - which is quite often.

all legacy

, and I don't know how my quote at the beginning of this thread is related to this thread, I wasn't complaining about the lack of ,ba..... whatever.

Careful what you wish for

First Strike Still Deadly...You will pay the price of the MASTER! ...and the master says!

Over the Wall

Into the Pit

Down for Life

Dog Faced Gods

Eyes of Wrath

com'n sing it with me, bros...

RESTART MY LIFE OR SELF DESTRUCTION!

AndTheMasterSays said:
First Strike Still Deadly...You will pay the price of the MASTER! ...and the master says!

I was really disappointed when they didn't have that part on First Strike Still Deadly. I was also disappointed when they cut the intro to Disciples of the Watch.

Also, you know the part when Chuck screams in a really high pitched voice after the guitar solo in the original First Strike is Deadly on The Legacy? I bet when he first heard it on the record he went up to the guys in the band and said, "All right, now who recorded me in the bathroom when I was passing a stone???"

j/k (I sure hope that the :worship: Great Master :worship: himself doesn't take offense to that. ;)

okay, songs are great, but for actual lyrics, surely the following totally rules:

"The man i must resent, you might know him thru the government
He'll tax our lives - the money's spent
HE'S JUST THE PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!"​

always thought that was a killer line....

Damn that's fucking difficult...but this one is one of my favourites from Trial by Fire..

Locked in an empty cell
Your life becomes a living hell
The river of fire flows
Time only knows!
Trapped by flames of fury
Ordered unto by the jury
Death is their desire
Thrown in the fire!

and this one from True believer

Born in sin where I pledge my evil oath
Violence is golden now
Did you really want to go