Your favorite plug-ins?

Picked up 2 UAD cards recently and adding a third soon. Between the UAD Fairchild/1176LN/LA2A/LA3A compressors and Neve EQ's, the Waves SSL & R-Comp, and Tritone Digital's Colortone, I'm content.

Count Name
5 Waves Rcomp
4 Drumagog
3 MH Channelstrip
3 URS Channelstrip Pro
3 Waves SSL
2 Freeverb2
2 Fiarchild Comp
2 Chandler Limiter
2 Massey Tapehead & Comp Limiter
1 Cubase4 Studio EQ Multiband and Comp
1 Sonitus Suite
1 Sonitus FX R3 EQ
1 URS EQ Plugs
1 Amplitube
1 ReFIR
1 Liquid Mix
1 Ozone 3
1 McDSP
1 Waves R Series
1 Rvox
1 DP Masterworks EQ
1 Tritone Colortone
1 Floorfish Gate
1 PSP Vintage Warmer
1 SIR1
1 Voxengo Elephant
1 Modern Analoger
1 BBE Sonic Maximizer
1 Soundtoys Bundle
1 Massenburg EQ
1 Digi III EQ
1 DIGI III Delays
1 Neve EQ
1 Tritone Digital Colortone
1 Smack!
1 Guitar Hacks Impulses
1 Pristine Space
1 Curve EQ
1 Harbal
1 L2
1 Nebula 3
1 Sonalksis EQ & Comp
1 Crane Song Phoenix
1 Pultec EQ

What are you guys using Waves Rcomp on? Honestly I always stick with the PTLE compressors and then the C4. I thought the Rcomp was no good just by its boring interface. May have to give a second try.
To me, it sounds better than most native compressor plugins.
I think it's because of the knee curve or something. Also the detection algorithm is sweet. Somwhere between peak and rms. You can't get that sound with another plugin really.

Are you using native? Is it a resource hog?

Yes, I'm using VST or RTAS between Nuendo and Protools, depends on what I need done.

Depending on how many of the elements you need in each instance, it can be. If you use the full strip each time then yeah, you'll run out of CPU quick.

But a lot of the time I find I may not want the input stage to model anything, or maybe I don't need the filters, or two bands of the EQ, etc etc. In this case, the CPU drops dramtically.

I'm on a dual-core AMD btw.

One of my most used plugins is the Spitfish for de-essing and the Sonalksis EQ.

Btw. is there a free vst-drumsampler like Battery that can have multilayers for each note?