anybody familiar with fx freeze ??

alexrookie

Mar 13, 2004
hanover,germany
hi,
fx freeze works fine with all vst plug ins except for all waves' fx. i can't install freeze wrappers for waves vst plug ins because fx freeze can't find them in my vst folder! but i use waves' vst plug ins - the plug ins in the vst folder have different endings (.cfg) and not .dll like all other fx! the .dll plug ins are in my waves programs folder ( normal installation! ) but when i show fx freeze the right path it doesn't work!! - what is wrong with these plug ins and why are they (.dll) not in my vst folder like all other fx! waves is installed for vst and directx, by the way!
maybe anyone of you can help me?!
thanks in advance,
alex

well first off you should try the forums on the fxfreeze site.

"but when i show fx freeze the right path it doesn't work!!" -> what does this mean? it doesn't see the .dll's as plugins, or they don't load in your mixer or something?

anyway, I used the fxreeze trackfreeze plugin (or some similar name) with the DX waves plugins (dont know if the vsts were installed anyway...). you load up all the effects on the channel you want to use, and as the last plugin you load the fxfreeze track freezer, then freeze that track and turn off the other plugins.