Reaper users v. How the hell do I get VSTs working?

JonWormwood

Jun 16, 2007
Jax, Fl
So I've installed Addictive drums and I'm using Reaper (Cubase sucks in Vista and that's where I do all my web work [profession]) and all I want to do is program drums while I play guitar.

Anyways, I've installed AD and set the VST into the VST folder inside the Reaper Directory.

Then in Reaper, I went to preferences > VST > and added the directory where the AD DLL file is. I also hit rescan.

Now here's what I think I'm fucking up.

I add a new track and insert a MIDI item. I then go to FX and search for addictive drums but to avail, no luck.

What am I doing wrong? :erk:

Seems like a lot of people have it working, so it's something you've got going on your side.

Here's a video, but it didn't explain actually setting the damn thing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my Reaper directory-
899813923200.bmp

And in Reaper-

8110c38c.bmp

I also earched for it under all plug ins.

Hmm did you try the reaper->plugins->fx folder? i know reapers built in vsti's are in there...Maybe that would work for ya

Hmm did you try the reaper->plugins->fx folder? i know reapers built in vsti's are in there...Maybe that would work for ya

I searched the All plugins catagory and no luck still.

This is super aggrevating. I might uninstall, then reinstall AD. Maybe I did something wrong there. :eek:

Well I think Addictive drums doesn't work in Vista. I tried it with Cubase and Cubase is telling me AD is unloadable. The install works in XP so I'm not sure what it is.

Time to use a Virtual machine.

Well I think Addictive drums doesn't work in Vista. I tried it with Cubase and Cubase is telling me AD is unloadable. The install works in XP so I'm not sure what it is.

Time to use a Virtual machine.

Why in the world are you using Vista anyway?! o_O
I think Vista is gonna dethrone WinME as the worst Micro$oft's OS ever, what a bloated load of crap...

Why in the world are you using Vista anyway?! o_O
I think Vista is gonna dethrone WinME as the worst Micro's OS ever, what a bloated load of crap...

On with the Vista hate. :Smug: Seems like those with outdated machines are the ones who are complaining.

It's been working extremely well for me and since I bought it, might as well use it. I have no issues with it besides this but then again I don't use Vista for any recording just designing/coding and XP for recording.

Also, those who frequently fix others' computers...

(Hint: one of them is shown to the left, with a knife and a GRR! face...)

But this isn't a bash-Vista thread, so that needs to stop.

Is Addictive Drums in the same folder as the other VSTi .dlls that are shown in the plugin list?

Jeff

Also, those who frequently fix others' computers...

(Hint: one of them is shown to the left, with a knife and a GRR! face...)

But this isn't a bash-Vista thread, so that needs to stop.

Is Addictive Drums in the same folder as the other VSTi .dlls that are shown in the plugin list?

Jeff

I was waiting for you to chime in for some reason. :lol:

Anyways, yes I have the dll in the same folder as all the other VSTi's as reaper.

Like I said, Cubase said it was unloadable. I uninstalled and then reinstalled it and no luck.

That's all kinds of weird, have you searched the Reaper forums and knowledge bases?

They might be able to help, or patch for the next version so that things work like they should. I've never had a problem with Reaper... ever. Sorry to hear about that.

Jeff

That's all kinds of weird, have you searched the Reaper forums and knowledge bases?

They might be able to help, or patch for the next version so that things work like they should. I've never had a problem with Reaper... ever. Sorry to hear about that.

Jeff

Nope.

It's really not that big of a deal, I just want it for programming the drums. I'm contemplating on just running a virtual machine + XP + Cubase and AD.