AdamWathan's Reaper Customizations for Pro Tools Users

Is it a specific vid you are looking for me to do? Sorry I can't remember any of the things I've said I'd do, haha... What is it that I said I was going to do? Totally forget man!

I am planning to release a better version of this thread, in PDF form that goes through the basic "this is what you did in Pro Tools, this is how you do it in Reaper", starting from opening up an empty project, inserting tracks, setting your inputs, routing your tracks, recording your takes, editing, etc. all the way to printing the final mixes, and there will be new sets of videos and new preference/keymap/menu files to go along with that as well, but that will take some time! ;)

Nah, just an updated vid is all, as I see you're finding bugs everyday.

Man, that sounds like a great idea! If there's anything I can help with, please do let me know!
Cheers!

I am planning to release a better version of this thread, in PDF form that goes through the basic "this is what you did in Pro Tools, this is how you do it in Reaper", starting from opening up an empty project, inserting tracks, setting your inputs, routing your tracks, recording your takes, editing, etc. all the way to printing the final mixes, and there will be new sets of videos and new preference/keymap/menu files to go along with that as well, but that will take some time! ;)

This is something I'm sure ALOT of people would love to see.. thanks for all your info, dude!

Nah, just an updated vid is all, as I see you're finding bugs everyday.

Man, that sounds like a great idea! If there's anything I can help with, please do let me know!
Cheers!

I'm still confused, haha... I have like 16 videos in the first post of this thread alone, not sure which one to update! All that stuff still works even despite bugs and annoyances I've come across ;) There are some workflows I have improved and some new features and stuff since I made this thread though, so hopefully the next guide I start on will be a more complete resource.

I'm still confused, haha... I have like 16 videos in the first post of this thread alone, not sure which one to update! All that stuff still works even despite bugs and annoyances I've come across ;) There are some workflows I have improved and some new features and stuff since I made this thread though, so hopefully the next guide I start on will be a more complete resource.

Yeah, I referring to any workflow improvements really. Cheers!

Bump,

Adam, with Reaper 4 finally out is there any chance of an update to cover the changes in the new version?
I've tried setting it up myself but they seem to have changed how the marquee selection is handled.
Which basically means it's broken for the whole "make a selection and PT: Delete" command.

Yeah, some changes in Reaper 4 alright.
When recording a full length, are you guys all recording into one session to make for easy mixing, or saving track fx presets etc. and copying them into each song's session? What's the best way to go about this in Reaper?

Separate sessions, SWS snapshots to paste settings between project tabs. You can select a group of tracks and run "Copy snapshot", then select the same tracks in the next tab and run "Paste snapshot" and you'll get a dialog letting you copy all of the track settings including FX, volume, pan, etc. to the target tracks in the new project. Super fast and easy.

You sound a bit pissed off by the end of the AutoTune one. :D

Is there a way to get more options in the context menu of the media explorer on Mac? I mostly want to rename or delete files through there as I notice issues.

Have you changed your theme much since 4 came out? I love the multiple docks and screenset functions they added.

Don't think you can do anything about the context menu :/

Here's the theme I'm using now. Just a mashup of V3 and V4. I hate the V4 theme's TCP, so hard to read and distinguish different on/off states, but I really needed the new toolbar button icons, so I took the V3 TCP and made it grey instead of green and mashed that up with other shit, including a little of my own WALTER'ing to get the meters and stuff to show up the way I wanted in the TCP. I never changed the MCP because I never use it.

awr4theme.png

I have a question that is hopefully easy to answer. Somewhere along the lines Reaper stopped changing the colors of the tracks to the Pro Tools'ish colors when I hit the "Custom:Recolor all tracks" button at the top. Any ideas on how to fix this? Right now it changes them to two tone grey.

Thanks.

I have a question that is hopefully easy to answer. Somewhere along the lines Reaper stopped changing the colors of the tracks to the Pro Tools'ish colors when I hit the "Custom:Recolor all tracks" button at the top. Any ideas on how to fix this? Right now it changes them to two tone grey.

Thanks.

Ditch the button and use the SWS Autocolor feature, so much easier!

Hello Adam,
I've looked at your tutorials and would like to know how to make my media colors files look like PT colors you have in your Reaper arrange page.
I've load the Adam Wathan PT color file but can't seem to get it to look yours.

Help.

Reaper 4.02

Thank You
Dadmac

Don't think you can do anything about the context menu :/

Here's the theme I'm using now. Just a mashup of V3 and V4. I hate the V4 theme's TCP, so hard to read and distinguish different on/off states, but I really needed the new toolbar button icons, so I took the V3 TCP and made it grey instead of green and mashed that up with other shit, including a little of my own WALTER'ing to get the meters and stuff to show up the way I wanted in the TCP. I never changed the MCP because I never use it.

Any chance to share this theme/new toolbar? Looks awesome.

Hey Adam,
Is there a list of the various keyboard shortcuts for your various PT>Reaper tweaks somewhere?

Thanks for your awesome work.

Did they fix the quick punch to be like protools in version 4?

Or do you still need this work around Adam provided?

Also, Adam does your custom stuff still work in version 4 or do you need to update it?

I plan on messing around with reaper in my spare time and just a little curious about these two things. I must say Adam you are a true gentlemen for all of this. The videos will be a great help to me personally.:headbang: