Anyone having Nick Crow 8505 problems with windows 7 ?

Lowberg

Aug 26, 2004
Rochester, NY
Hey I just got a new desktop with windows 7 64 bit running Cubase 5, and I'm installing all my plugins on the new machine.

The only compatibility problem I've had so far, is the 8505. I put it in Cubase's VST plug-in folder but it wont show up in the list of plug ins I have.

Any project I try to open from my old comp that had 8505 it just says "missing plugin"

Anyone else have this problem? big bummer as 8505 is my fav amp sim!

It just doesn't appear in the plugin list in cubase 5, even though it's in the plug-in folder. I've tried like every version of the 8505, 7170 same thing lol

I may just have to process the guitars on my laptop, and bounce them because I've tried onqel and lepou, and revalver, and acmebar and I just cant get any of them to fit right in the music I'm working with

Is there a way to switch cubase to 32 bit mode with some sort of setting or do I have to go purchase a different version?

One thing you could try is Jbridge.

This little utility allows you to run 32 bit plugins in Cubase 5.x 64 and it also allows you to run 64 bit plugs in Cubase 5.x 32bit (these 64 bit plugins can still take advantage of the 64 bit memory space even though they are running in the 32 bit host - great for memory hogging samplers for example).