Anyone here have PT 8 working on Windows 7 x64 ?

Hey thanks . I'm using LE. That's the exact same thread I linked to in my first post lol. I read every single page of that , no one has a straight up list of exactly how to install. It's just got ten million people chiming in with all their specific problems and listing every piece in their rig.

That's because Digi doesn't support 64 bit for LE as of now... so, either update your rig to something that someone else is using to make it work, or wait for digi to release drivers etc... those are really your only two choices, friend.

That's because Digi doesn't support 64 bit for LE as of now... so, either update your rig to something that someone else is using to make it work, or wait for digi to release drivers etc... those are really your only two choices, friend.
Hey , well I talked to Digi and I did find out one thing that I was apparently doing wrong . They said that Windows 7 64 bit should absolutely work with LE. They said that when the CD asks for you to hook up the Mbox , NOT to. They also gave me a link to download it from the Digidesign client server or whatever. So here's hoping that works ... :cool:

Just want to let others in my situation know that I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING !! They gave me a link to download PT 8 LE from their servers , and it worked. I am so damn happy right now

hey man. hit me up if you still have probs. i am one of the big geeks over on the duc.

but the install process really has a lot to do with the interface. i actually had pt working on xp 64 bit with a usb interface but would not work w their firewire interfaces. has to do with the incompatibility of the firewire device drivers.

you could also just yank the installer off your disk on another computer and drop it on a flash drive or something to install.

also for the w7 64, it works w ie8 just fine fyi.

the beta driver "8.04b" is for w7 64 bit ONLY.

make sure you disable uac.

make sure you install 8.0 first, then install the 8.03 update. if you have install probs, right click on the installer for 8.0 and give it administrator privledges. also should to set it this way when you run pro tools. this is the single stupidest damn thing microsoft has done i think!! it can cause probs w some plugs as well.

if your on a usb interface, i do not think you need to run the 8.04b installer, it is mainly for firewire interfaces. but if you do need to, just go to your control panel, add or remove progs and delete the digidesign audio drivers 8.03, go to your device manager, click on the digi interface and install the 8.04b

also an odd issue.

in your sound devices for windows, if you right click on your selected audio output format (should have a check mark on it), then go to properties, advanced, and change it to a 16 bit setting. dont matter 44.1 or 48, and this has NOTHING to do with pro tools. just one of those odd things that needs worked on the next build of the driver.

also here is a app i created and i am beta'ing it now. its called trasher this app is to delete your databases, preferences, application data. this version is ONLY for 8.03 and up and seperate exe's for 32 and 64 bit. will not work with previous versions. if you need it for an older version just seach skunkworks on the duc and go to the first page of the main thread called "pro tools power user editing" link in there for it.

Thanks Guitardom ! I appreciate all the tips. I actually tried to yank Pro Tools off the disk, so I could run it off a hard drive, but it kept giving me errors. I think the actual install problem for me had something to do with Windows 7 couldn't fully read the install disk , even though it is brand new and unscratched etc. Thankfully their download worked. Also just a reminder to everyone else, if you are still having problems installing on Windows 7 , try installing WITHOUT ever hooking up your interface. That's what the Digi guy told me and it worked.

Thanks Guitardom ! I appreciate all the tips. I actually tried to yank Pro Tools off the disk, so I could run it off a hard drive, but it kept giving me errors. I think the actual install problem for me had something to do with Windows 7 couldn't fully read the install disk , even though it is brand new and unscratched etc. Thankfully their download worked. Also just a reminder to everyone else, if you are still having problems installing on Windows 7 , try installing WITHOUT ever hooking up your interface. That's what the Digi guy told me and it worked.

glad you got it going. feel free to hit me up anytime. i am on the duc most of the time. the le i7 thread sticky is one i mod on a lot so easily found in there.

hi there , i read that you installed protools LE 8 on windows 7 64bit, i have a few questions??

Did it get to install as a 64bit application??
Is it giving you problems?
Do you think that I could install protools m-powered with no problems if I follow your steps??

I know that this thread is kind of old, but it's been difficult to find people who has protools mpowered working on W7 64bit with no problems on the net.

I have Windows 7 ultimate 64bit build 7600 and Fast track ultra...

Thanks a lot in advance

I don't know if it works with 8.x, but thanks to the guy discovering the registry hack over at the DUC I've been able to run 7.4 without any hassles. Didn't even need to uninstall IE or any of these shenanigans.

Didn't have a single problem while installing PT8MP on my Windows 7 64bit machine but Pro Tools is just a 32bit application
Super lame >_>

Hi

Ive just bought a new laptop for the sole purpose of recording with PT8 but I cant install it. I have THE SAME EXACT problem, it wont install from the disk.
PLEASE PLEASE share the link to download it from a server, I havent been able to find it anywhere.

Thank you:worship:

Just want to let others in my situation know that I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING !! They gave me a link to download PT 8 LE from their servers , and it worked. I am so damn happy right now

Could you please share that the link to the server download? :worship:
Thanks