Your favourite Borknagar vocalist

• Garm (Kristoffer Rygg)

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • ICS Vortex (Simen Hestnaes)

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Vintersorg (Andreas Hedlund)

Votes: 19 37.3%

• Total voters
Ah damn, I was pretty sure that this had never being done before. Feel free to delete/lock this thread Mr.Mods. If not well, great :) .

¡Perdón Allfader!

Hahahaha! El tema es bastante antiguo y aunque recordaba que existía, no recordaba haberlo hecho yo mismo :rofl:.

Anyway, there are new people around, so maybe this thread won't be completely useless.

Meh, in Borknagar... | ... but overall, when stacked up against Mr. V and Vintersorg I don't think he can really hold his ground.

:OMG: I always thought that Mr V was Vintersorg!! all what I believed on these years are lies!! :cry:

On a serious note, I agree. Garm is the best with Arcturus and Ulver; with Borknagar he did a great job, giving an old viking vibe to the albums, but not so great as ICS and Mr V on the Clean vocal side IMO; the best grim vocals still belongs to Garm.

with my vote andreas is in first place now :p (second to me is garm)
i really cannot understand why so many people likes so much vortex' voice. i really can't stand to it.
it seems to me one of the voices with ugliest tone colour i've ever heard...and also a bit out of tune.... :erk:

i've spoken, now you can hate me :lol:

:OMG: I always thought that Mr V was Vintersorg!! all what I believed on these years are lies!! :cry:

On a serious note, I agree. Garm is the best with Arcturus and Ulver; with Borknagar he did a great job, giving an old viking vibe to the albums, but not so great as ICS and Mr V on the Clean vocal side IMO; the best grim vocals still belongs to Garm.

First of all, Mr.V is Vintersorg! The Archaic Con is wrong.

And I completely agree with you! Garm gives this "old-rough" vibe to the band, and he's definitely better off in Arcturus (RIP) and Ulver.

i really cannot understand why so many people likes so much vortex' voice. i really can't stand to it.
it seems to me one of the voices with ugliest tone colour i've ever heard...and also a bit out of tune.... :erk:

Thank you, now Mr.V and Vortex are tied! Hurrah! :kickass: Well I think Vortex is a great vocalist, you can hate him as much as you want, it's your loss :p . On the other hand… vaffanculo!

(Just kidding, OK? :oops:)

In fact I like all Borknagar vocalist :D
but I love the songs who sings Vortex :p
but all vocalist are really good...

¡Bienvenido al foro! Welcome to the forum! Now we have another Latino colleague :) .

On Borknagar he did a great job IMO, specially on TAC (and of course Colossus), the same in Arcturus...but on Dimmu he sounds too way overproduced. I know they try to makes him sound very epic but sometimes sounds bad (like on The Invaluable Darkness).

Also I prefer the Garm's work on Arcturus over Vortex's work on Arcturus and Borknagar. If the 'current' Garm would sing on Borknagar, I would prefer him over Vortex anytime. Also I think Garm is more balanced as a black metal singer for Bork than Andreas and Simen, but I prefer the Mr V's clean vocal work better.

Uhm, my vote goes to Andreas. Although I'm a Ulver fan, as well as a Vintersorg fan, Andreas suits much better for Borknagar to me. Anyway I would love to hear the "today's" Garm in Borknagar.
Well, as for Vortex... I found his voice really charismatic and great, though I still prefer the two mentioned above.

It's not that I don't like his voice... I liked (note the ed) it when he was in Borknagar, but when he went to Arcturus and Dimmu Borgir, it's just not as good. He's become commercialized and his vocals over produced
His tone with Borknagar was his best ever. Now he might as well give up it seems, the way he sounds with Dimmu Borgir just sounds too much a like a pop singer or something D:

His voice has changed, just listen to Colossus and then any Dimmu Borgir or Arcturus song with him... And tell me that it is not a bit different in timbre, not as epic sounding. Rather, it sounds weaker, and even a bit whiny...

at the beginning i supposed i was the only one who thinks that simen gets out of tune. i've studied piano and cello so i'm quite used to intonation, but i'm not infallible.
so i asked to a friend of mine who studied singing at the conservatory (but has also studied non-lyrical singing, and has worked as a singer in musicals) telling her to give me a neutral and professional opinion about clean vocals, and she said she doesn't like his timber too (her words were "very irritating timber"), and that he has also problems in intonation.... :cry: