Your favourite Borknagar vocalist

• Garm (Kristoffer Rygg)

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • ICS Vortex (Simen Hestnaes)

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Vintersorg (Andreas Hedlund)

Votes: 19 37.3%

• Total voters
for me it is Vortex. Vintersorg is a great singer but only stands truly out for me on The Genuine Pulse concerning Borknagar and the Empiricism-album (which I think is my least favourite, except The Genuine Pulse, which is a masterpiece). On Epic there are way more songs I consider to be sung extraordinary well.

I agree, his clean vocals on Origin and the other Borknagar albums are beautiful. Though I think it used to be even better, like on the older Vintersorg albums, and Havayoth. The kind of clean voice he never used in Borknagar, for some reason. or maybe his voice simply changed so much :)

I can't really understand how a voice "can change" over a timespan of a decade maybe.. the same is for In Flames' Anders - I think Fridén and Vintersorg just do not want to sing as they did before anymore (which is a pity in both cases)

Vortex. Probably my biggest inspiration as a vocalist. I love all three though.

I want him to be the full-time singer of a band again, the little nuggets of awesome in his Dimmu Borgir work still do not make it worth digging through the nuggets of poop around them.

I think Garm's non-Bork work is my least favourite though. People always talk about how Vintersorg's voice has changed, but I think his range has just expanded. Garm has certainly had the greatest shift in actual style.

I know Wintersun and Ensiferum already and yes, they are more of my liking (on the Ensiferum case, just the 1st album which is very epic...when Jari left the band, it lost that viking epic feel, now they are more into folk influenced power metal for me).
Jari leaving that band was the worst thing to happen to it. It's like a hockey team losing their star forward and replacing him with a zamboni. Petri can't even come close to his talents as a lead guitarist, clean vocalist or lyricist.

The three of them are really good, but i rather Garm, i´ve always liked his style since Bergtatt. The vibe of his voice in the Borknagar and The Olden Domain made the songs fucking unique.