Your Favourite Metal Guitarist

Sabin Frost

Doom makes me happy
Apr 21, 2007
South Australia, Australia
The guitarist does not need to necissarily be a metal guitarist as in they can play jazzy guitar but they need to be in a metal band.

For me it is probably Hetfield. The way he can still sing well while playing quick, technical riffs and his implementation of the hybrid picking technique makes him an inspirational rhythm guitarist to me. Dave Mustaine is also brilliant, however Dave cannot sing for shit while playing.

If I was honestly asked who I think the best metal guitarist is, I would be hard pressed not to say Jeff Waters, he is a god.

EDIT: To back up that statement on Dave, watch That one night, Dave just cant hit high notes live on stage, though his guitar is perfect.

terrance hobbs
trey azagtoth
michael akerfeldt
chuck schuldiner
tony iommi
luc lemay
muhammad suicmez

If I did an extended list I would have needed to have mentioned Tommy and Akerfeldt, Tommy in partiular was a real innovator in the way turned an injury into a possitive, making his own lighter strings and downtuning so the strings were not as hard to fret.

I would say probably Ihsahn, as he has an extreme, proggy sound that I have never heard anyone duplicate efficiently in any genre much less black metal. He has a unique sound, which is rare.

I would also list Michael Romeo, John Pettrucci and John Schaffer because of their skills and creativity

Barry Thompson
Fredrick Thordendal
The one that's bald in bigdave's sig, even though he doesn't play metal.
David Gilmour

For me it is probably Hetfield. The way he can still sing well while playing quick, technical riffs and his implementation of the hybrid picking technique makes him an inspirational rhythm guitarist to me.

:lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, Randy Rhoads, Tony Iommi, Wojtek Lisicki, Jon Levasseur (I like the way he plays)

Chris Poland
Dimebag Darrell
Yngwie
Zakk Wylde
Ihsahn
Abbath
James Macdonough(sp) the new lead player for megadeth