Your favourite thing for artificial drum room sounds?

Once when I didn't record room mic's (recorded in a shit room) I duplicated my overhead tracks, eq'd them to pull out a bit of cymbals, added some reverb (on the insert, not a send) and then compressed them as I would normally do with room mic's.

That's because I've got a mobile phone and I only work from home. Got it ;)?

I just gave it a try today. Sounded good but I could archive the same thing by using just impulses. Both sound good but using trigger and the NRG's wasn't mindblowing.

Not to be a douche, but...just get off the phone and do the required work? If any of my assistants (or myself for that matter) were caught using their phone during a session, there would be hell to pay.

This.

Do people actually run Trigger in real-time while mixing?

Getting a quad-core CPU has helped out hugely with this. I can run 12 instances of Trigger triggering off Superior Drummer 2.0 in real-time with no issues whatsoever. Back when I still had my Core 2 Duo laptop, mixing like that was just impossible.

Getting a quad-core CPU has helped out hugely with this. I can run 12 instances of Trigger triggering off Superior Drummer 2.0 in real-time with no issues whatsoever. Back when I still had my Core 2 Duo laptop, mixing like that was just impossible.

I don't think I could work that way. I need to see the sampled track and make sure the phase is spot on, and throwing that CPU usage at something else just seems to make more sense.

Hmmm. Now I'm thinking. I could definitely get away with that on kicks, but not on snares.

Not to be a douche, but...just get off the phone and do the required work? If any of my assistants (or myself for that matter) were caught using their phone during a session, there would be hell to pay.

I wasn't at my studio when I posted this so I couldn't try it out. I have Trigger running in Real Time. Yes. Don't know what's your problem because I actually tried out everything that was said in this thread.

Hey dude sorry for being a bit short before I was in a bastard of a mood after editing basically kick drum vomit for ten hours straight.

The best reason to print is so you can go through and manually check the phase, trigger is pretty damn good but if you're blending say slate samples with your own you can end up with some pretty serious phase issues.

I too have the CPU power to run a lot of things in real time but I still print all my samples an IR based verbs and any amp sim tracks before I start mixing I feel it helps separate the creative side of things from the technical side.

I wasn't at my studio when I posted this so I couldn't try it out. I have Trigger running in Real Time. Yes. Don't know what's your problem because I actually tried out everything that was said in this thread.

Probably a communication error on my part. Just seemed like you weren't satisfied with the tried-and-true techniques offered up as a solution to your question, my bad sir. Rock on:headbang:

I know printing takes a while, but for some reason, I can't wrap my head around running Trigger/sample replacement/midi instruments in real-time during a mix.

I hate the sound of reverbs! I only use them as a effect. For room sounds, yeah I use stereo room mics:) But I also blend in room samples on the snare, and I dont print I use trigger

I hate the sound of reverbs! I only use them as a effect. For room sounds, yeah I use stereo room mics:) But I also blend in room samples on the snare, and I dont print I use trigger

Try using different verbs on drums like a plate and a hall and Mix them together.
Never liked one of those Solo but they Start to sound great together .