WeekendWarrior

Patriot
Sep 19, 2002
norway
Visit site
yep, who is your metal hero?
mine would be:

-tobias sammet
a great vocalist, with a totally unique voice. a man borned for melodic power metal. truly a metal genius!

-michael kiske
great voice, and a kickass songwriter :D

-felix bohnke
i would say he is the best drummer out there, and a big idol for me. my dream is to be able to play drums like him.

-the iron maidens
UP THE IRONS!

-steve williams
a master on the keyboard, and a great guy! :D

These guys are 3 of my metal inspirations

Adrian Smith (catchy song writing and soloing)

Dave Mustaine (for his single mindedness)

Kai Hansen (for pretty much inventing power metal!):headbang: :devil: :headbang:

Mr Warrior sir! shucks....I'm all embarassed now!:D

For me it also has to be Kai Hansen......I think Eagle & Symphony have pretty much said it all.

Sad fact about me...I carry round one of his guitar picks in my purse...can't bear to be parted from it....lol!!

That's well brave, I must say! I had one of my mates begging me to bring my Steve Morse guitar pick into school, and I was like "No way!" cos I'm horrified at the prospect of losing it :D

Anyway, my all-time metal hero would have to be Steve Harris. He's the guy behind my all-time favourite band that effectively changed my life nearly three years ago now, a great representative of the true metal approach to keeping a band going through hard times, and a fantastic bassist too!

Also, Ronnie James Dio and Rob Halford I idolise as vocalists. Both have imo very seductive voices, especially Dio, and I must admit that Rob's sexuality adds a little 'risque' to the music that makes it that bit more fun (Delivering The Goods, anyone? ;))

Finally, Jon Lord is probably the pinnacle of keyboard playing, at least in my eyes. I'll listen to almost anything with him on and love it. Let's face it, I'm not sure if I've heard a Metal song with keyboards I didn't like (probably Blind Guardian, but shhhhh....)

Angus Young & Phil Rudd of AC/DC for introducing me to hard rock and heavy metal at 14 y/o. (I'm a lot older now, ha ha)
Angus for his never changing style to gowith trends, and Phil for being a solid steady drummer who influenced my drumming greatly.

Lemmy!

--- for he breathes, shouts, roars, drinks, sniffs, eats, burps, coughs, farts and simply lives..........

............. HEAVY METAL !!!

..... and is still alive!!!! ;)

Madrigal....

A fellow Motorhead fan....cool!!

I have to say that Lemmy is a bit of a hero of mine too. He is Metal!!

BTW - I'm listening to Critical Mass at the moment ...I'll let you know what I think.

Errrrm.... Dragonmaiden.... sorry but I would not call myself a Motörhead fan at all - I'm not into "rock'n'rolly" sort of music but Live they are one hell of a party. Lemmy is a biological phenomenon though - there's no one as metal as him indeed! :)

Cheers, I'm very keen to hear your opinion on Critical Mass!

No probs Madrigal...Motorhead are an acquired taste...that's why I get over eager when I think I've found a fellow fan....:lol:

I agree they are awesome live...my hearing has suffered mightily as a result!!! :D

BTW Think I am getting into Critical Mass :)

Motorhead were the band that got me into metal when I was lot younger than I am now. My fave track is Bomber. Fave albums Ace of Spades, No Sleep......I was at Newcastle City Hall the night they recorded it :) ........ and Overkill. Also listen alot to Everything Louder Than Everyone Else so I guess that's a fave too. I have a thing for live albums. That gives me a idea for a thread????!!!

Well like a couple of said before, mine is Mr. Kai Hansen too !!!!
This man is a genius !!!
The first work i heard from him was Land of the Free by Gamma Ray !!!
Whatta masterpiece man ! It's like Queen goin' metal :)
If he'd wrote pop tunes he would 've get a lot of gold records allready :)))))
Greetz