Your opinion/advice is needed! (Hardcore mix)

nuclearass

Jan 2, 2006
Finland
www.dmthc.com
I'm 99% finished with a mix, but I'm still not quite sure which way to go:

www.redfivestudio.net/cd2rec_03.mp3
www.redfivestudio.net/cd2rec_05.mp3

This project is waiting to be mastered so I'm wondering which way to go. I'm quite happy with the mix and the band digs it too. The differences in these are not big. In cd2rec_03 I left the drums & vocals a bit louder and didn't compress & eq as much in the master buss. cd2rec_05 sounds more balanced to me (maybe), but I just don't know anymore... I've been listening to this too much already. This is going to be mastered 100% ITB by a local guy, so I'm going to use slight compression & eq anyways.

Which one sounds better to you and which one would you send to the mastering engineer? All comments are more than welcome. I still have a few days left :) .

the second one sounds the best......but you might want to send the first one to the mastering place and let him worry about bring the volume up and making it fatter.... i know alot of ppl who do mastering like there to be some headroom to play with like -6db to -3db max and i know they dont like any limiting and very little compression.....but thats what i read, .....i dont know though im no professional