Your own band?

I play in a band formerly known as Maudlin of the Dwell. Our new name is Kayo Dott. You might have heard about us?

I'm in 2 bands, I play bass in Trendkill (crap name, but it wasn't my idea!) We started off doing covers of A Perfect Circle, Queens of the Stone Age, Alice in Chains, Incubus etc, but we've just started writing our own material & I've recently introduced the guitarist to Opeth, so hopefully we might change direction!

My other band thing currently has no name. myself on acoustic guitar & a girl singer who's damn good, we sound like a cross between Kristin Hersh, Belly & something else, written lots of our own material & it's going really well.Had our first gig last nite which was the most nervewracking thing i've ever played

Check my sig for links to my band -- Vordak.

The two horrible quality demos we have up on mp3.com were recorded almost a year ago, and were a lot less technical than the stuff we do now. Now, we're like a mix between Cryptopsy, Death, and Meshuggah.

However, on my own, I write a lot softer stuff in the vein of Agalloch or Kveldssanger-era Ulver, but I haven't recorded any of it.

My current project is trombone led funk/fusion band with just bass, keyboards, drums and trombone.
Hey its fun although the no guitar thing is pretty weird for me.
But hey its open and funky.
For me on bass I get to solo and really fill out the sound.
Well you asked!!!!!!!

Hey there! My first post on this AMAZING forum! God I love Opeth! You guys are cool.

I play in two bands. The first is my main band. We are called Fear Absolute and I sing, play guitar and write just about all the music. It's Thrashy/Death Metal ala Death/Iced Earth/Morbid Angel. We are signed to a small Indie Metal Label, and we just released our second album two months ago.

www.fearabsolute.com

I also have a studio thing going on that I call Painful Loss. It's mainly instrumental Metal, similar to maybe bands like Sentenced, Iced Earth, Alas and The Gathering. I just write at home, for myself, and it's alot of fun. So far I have 9 songs written. I plan on starting a CD with 12 songs on it in the Spring.

http://painfulloss.loudmagazine.com/

Peace! And stay Metal and Opeth rules!

Dale Lyons

I play in a band... but we haven't yet recorded anything, not that it would be a good listener cos we haven't played together for at long time...when something comes up i'll be glad to hear your response everyone....

I'm in a band called Semper Tyrannis. We're all pretty young (15-17) but we've played a few shows around here and have a few fans. We're recording an EP in 2 weeks, hopefully that'll turn out good.

Our sound is hard to pinpoint. There's elements of death, thrash, progressive, and classic metal and a mix of death and clean vocals. Most of our songs are between 3-5 minutes but we recently completed a 10 minute epic which is now our best song by far. No website just yet, but I'll definitely be promoting us like a madman once we get our demo and website up.

\m/