Your Song!!!!

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM

untruly evil
Dec 19, 2002
Mexico
www.gardenian.8m.com
Almost every one of us have a song... it might not be a metal song, it might be pop, classical or anything, it dosen't matter. Its just that song that you really love, that every time you listen to it, you can say, its MY song. You might get identified with the lyrics or maybe not.

In a few words, wich is your favorite song of ALL times??
(as i said, it dosen't matter the genre)

In my case:

O fortuna by Carmina Burana
Shape of My hearth by Sting

Originally posted by CONCLAVE OBSCURUM
Almost every one of us have a song... it might not be a metal song, it might be pop, classical or anything, it dosen't matter. Its just that song that you really love, that every time you listen to it, you can say, its MY song. You might get identified with the lyrics or maybe not.

In a few words, wich is your favorite song of ALL times??
(as i said, it dosen't matter the genre)

In my case:

Shape of My hearth by Sting

O FORTUNA IS MY SONG BITCH!

Originally posted by CONCLAVE OBSCURUM

Is there a band called Carmina Burana? I only know "Carmina Burana" by Carl Orff, but maybe they named themselves after that piece!?
Anyway, my favorite song of all time is easily George Gershwin's composition "Summertime". I don't really identify with the lyrics that much (it's about summer ;) ), but the melody is absolutely divine!!!
The song was the first Gershwin wrote to the musical/opera "Porgy & Bess", which he started on in 1926 and it was first staged in 1935. The best version I've heard of this song is by Ray Conniff, his orchestra & chorus. It's instrumental and I think there's only one word that can describe this (as well as Tyra Banks :D ) : Perfect!!!
You might also want to check out the thread we had a while back: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49639
Although that was about sad stuff, it basically represent some of the best music I've ever heard! Of course there's also other stuff that I would call superb, whether it be's metal, funk, rock, pop and so on, but it doesn't really get to me as much as sad stuff.

I don't really pay attention to lyrics, but if there's lyrics that actually affected me just a little bit is Lee Hazlewood's "We all make the little flowers grow" (although the music isn't particularly interesting IMO):

"Cowards and heroes
Listen my friends
If you have money
Or nothing to spend
It'll make no difference
In a hundred years or so
Sooner or later
We all make the little flowers grow

Wise men and fools
Two'll get you five
You'll never get
Out of this world alive
Don't run and hide
It's no use I know
Sooner or later
We all make the little flowers grow

Short men and tall me
And all the rest
Please don't blame me
I didn't start this mess
Some of us stay
Some of us go
Sooner or later
We all make the little flowers grow"

So true indeed!

or "Friday's child":

"Friday's child, hard luck is his brother.
Friday's child, his sister's misery.
Friday's child, his daddy they call hard times.
Friday's child, that's me.

Friday's child, born a little ugly.
Friday's child, good looks passed him by...oh.
Friday's child, makes something look like nothing.
Friday's child, am I...ya.

Friday's child, never climbed no mountain.
Friday's child, he ain't even gonna try...oh.
Friday's child, whom they'll forgot to bury.
Friday's child, am I."

As I said I don't particularly care for lyrics. I think Dead Can Dance has some decent lyrics - at least the ones I've read.