[youtube] akercocke interviewed by irish christians

Well, I'm an atheist in an area that's 99 % Christian and the 99 % are Fundamentalists I'm sure so just telling people I am one gets a big shock and my family hasn't accepted it at all! And for LaVeyan Satanism, I agree with generally whatever I've heard about the philosophy, it just totally matches me, but it's 200 $ to join the Church of Satan so I won't be joining anytime soon. :lol:

After having read more of it I would definitely recommend The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins as well. Very interesting and entertaining read.

I read that one also and enjoyed it but didn't find it as satisfying as Mill's book.

I don't believe that any of the religion's beliefs or their gods are true or that their gods exist because they're made up to me and I have no clue how we got here but all I believe is there was nothing supernatural about the origin of human life and there may be a higher form out there, but a higher form is no god, for example, humans are a higher form to cats and dogs, doesn't mean we're gods to them. Me thinking there may be a higher form refers to a species more intelligent, not angels, gods, anything supernatural. Religion to me is not a gateway to truth, there's too much things I find wrong with every religion and this may have a little to do with me being raised a Fundamentalist Christian but if it's not all right there's no reason to believe in it, which is one of the many reasons I'm an atheist.

Just from first impressions both these guys from akercocke seem like great down to earth guys so it's just odd to me how people can just get all pussy hurt and say how they are not welcomed to play in a country,etc... It's just ridiculous to the point in not even really getting annoyed by. Once again people like this can't even realize if people can play which gives people merit and freedom to do what they want in music.

"There should be limits on freedom of speech..." Scary to think that people agree with them.

Thankfully Freedom of Speech is enshrined in our Constitution and I doubt that, no matter how conservative the Supreme Court gets, they will not rule so obviously against the Constituion.

:lol:

Seriously, broheim, this has not stopped them.

Thankfully Freedom of Speech is enshrined in our Constitution and I doubt that, no matter how conservative the Supreme Court gets, they will not rule so obviously against the Constituion.

Wasn't the pressing of Antichrist banned in the US? Someone like to tell me how that fits with the First Amendment?

Yeah, I don't want America to turn into a theocracy run by the Religious Right.