YT: Diezel VH4 and 8-string action...

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
Last time I did the VH4 test I had roughly a couple of hours to get it done. So it was kinda hectic. Kent was nice enough to let me borrow the amp again and get to know it better. This amp is pure awesomeness.

One interesting thing I noticed while doing this cover is due to my picking technique I get a very scratchy sound. Not as clear as on the meshuggah album, anyway it will do

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good! The performance is awesome too! Personally I can't play more than a few seconds of the first riff without my hand hurting. That's because I play the "triplets" Schaffer style, which is D-U-D D D-U-D D etc. (D=down, U=up) which is much harder physically than D-U-D U D-U-D U which I assume you're doing.

Sounds good! The performance is awesome too! Personally I can't play more than a few seconds of the first riff without my hand hurting. That's because I play the "triplets" Schaffer style, which is D-U-D D D-U-D D etc. (D=down, U=up) which is much harder physically than D-U-D U D-U-D U which I assume you're doing.

Yeah I'm doing the alternate all the time picking. But when we spoke to Dick(bassplayer) he said he played the DUDDDUD. :O
On the fucking bass guitar... crazy...

This sounds better than the original song's mix anyway .
There's actually bass guitar and the guitar is not irritatingly scratchy

For a guy who doesn't particularly like the band, you sure have been covering a lot of their stuff :D

Cool stuff man!

Well Im not their biggest fan, but what else am I going to play with my 8-string :D

Sounds great, especially for stock Ibanez pickups (AFAIK.)

I changed the pickups to Rautia Rawdog8. The stock pups would kill the cover.

Goddam Guitar wrote,
I changed the pickups to Rautia Rawdog8. The stock pups would kill the cover.

I never heard of these. Why did you go with them over any of the other 8 string pups available?