YT: Harpia Deiis / Guitar Video to one of our songs

Mago

Austrian Blech Machine
Aug 21, 2009
Vienna, Austria
Hey!

Me and the other guitar player spent last saturday in our rehearsal space tracking and shooting this, and the past 4 days editing and synchronising video and audio to this...fuckin converting of youtube fucked it all up, so it took a while until it looked as it should haha

my peavey/randall cab rig was for monitoring purposes only, as we only had an old laptop with onboard sound to record.
Micing it sounded even worst then tracking the DI's and reamp it later.
So we tracked DI's and reamped them at home through a custom preamp into an impulse combination.
Still the guitars sound far from good but this one isn't about the sound anyway ;)
droped out the guitars from the album mix and we made a simple one guitar per side track, as we play it live.
Had to take different takes as my camera only records a few mins in HD, but every performance you see is the one you hear.

was the first time we done something like that, was quite interesting :D
also nevermind the BS at the start, thats just us beeing not-tough guyish haha

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys!
dunno when we're going to do more of that kind...got a request for a "how to play" walkthrough video, shouldnt be as much PITA to edit and stuff without keeping DI's and just using
the camera sound :D

Yeah Felix, it is live played, so to speak....so the playing in the video is the DI reamped at home later!
Thanks dude!