YT: My Gethsemane vocal cover (fenixdoido). VTM. VCC.

ArthurD

Jun 2, 2010
Brasília - Brazil

This is my interpretation of the song Gethsemane from the rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar. Backing track is from my Special Edition CD "Jesus Christ Superstar".

Yes, there were two takes made for this one. Unfortunately, just one was shot with camera, thats why there are some different sync from video and audio (especially at video end).

Vocal Chain was: SM7b - Motu 828 MK3.
Vocal Bus and Master Chain can be seen on the video.
Camera: Canon T2i

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome performance, got chills on that last line! Only thing I'd suggest is a more tender vibrato on the calmer parts, the wide vibrato should be saved for the most intense parts in my opinion.
Also the volume automation around 1:18 is very obvious.

Awesome performance, got chills on that last line! Only thing I'd suggest is a more tender vibrato on the calmer parts, the wide vibrato should be saved for the most intense parts in my opinion.
Also the volume automation around 1:18 is very obvious.

Thank you for the feedback... I think that the vibrato issue is due singing metal for so long... I'll work on this. Thank you so much.
Unfortunately I had just some minutes to make the automation, so it was not perfect at all. (I used the mixing time I had that day to mix the Silent Screams from Halford - Next video)

Cheers! :headbang: