YT: The Black Stymphalian - Chaoskampf (New EP Khaos Sigma)

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Hey guys,

It's been 4 years since my last EP came out and i've finally got round to getting this one finished! This EP comes out on Friday and features some immense guest musicians including Lyle Cooper (ex Faceless) on drum duties. Drums tracked me Mike Garrison off this very forum!

First little perfomance video to wet the appetite!

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure if you would have made videos like Ola you would probably have been as famous as him by now. You play like a god, riff god :D (y)

And i have always liked your mixing, right up my alley! Sneapish in a good way!

200.gif

Whoooooooooooaaaaaaa this..... is Christ-punchingly heavy. Bravo. Now tell us everything!!

So awesome dude, vid is ace.
Not a fan of how the vocals are filmed, but I know that you don't have a lot of control over that, so it's cool to have them in there at least!

The fact that I still find myself enjoying listening to your tunes, and and banging the shit out of my head, after all the tone test/mixes is evidence that everything about this is top notch.

I hope that lots and lots of people get to hear this EP when it's gonna be out on Friday.

Holy shit, that was awesome! Great riffing and awesome mix!

I'm really loving the bass tone, care to share what you got going on there?

I am having a hard time perceiving what the guitars are doing when he is screaming. Guitars are a bit low in the mix or is the voice that is too loud. I dig the riffs a lot but I am not digging the vocals so much, especially those "black metal screams" sounds a bit off the "context"

Im sure if you would have made videos like Ola you would probably have been as famous as him by now. You play like a god, riff god :D (y)

And i have always liked your mixing, right up my alley! Sneapish in a good way!

The mix doesn't sound that sneapy, it's just the snare.

"Sneapish in a good way"...

just lol

The mix doesn't sound that sneapy, it's just the snare.

"Sneapish in a good way"...

just lol

Well one of the most prominent things about a sneap mix is the snare so if you agree on that the snare sound a bit like a sneap snare then you could agree on that the mix itself reminds of a sneap mix.

So go lol all you want troll...

Well one of the most prominent things about a sneap mix is the snare so if you agree on that the snare sound a bit like a sneap snare then you could agree on that the mix itself reminds of a sneap mix.

So go lol all you want troll...

You said the mixing was sneapish not the snare. The first TBS EP had a sneapish snare too and the mix sounds nothing like sneap. This is a sneapish mix done by someone else. "Sneapish in a good way" is a really funny statement, like implying sneapish is bad.

Thanks for checking it out guys! :kickass:

The mix isn't perfect by any means....but it was a real pain in the arse overall. Nothing worked out quickly, especially the guitars...for some reason the DI's didn't work with anything I tried. Glad I got something fairly useable in the end though!

The bass is just my Overwater 5 string jazz with my B7K Kemper profiles. For drums the kick is replaced and partly the snare....the toms are all real.

The whole EP is out tomorrow and I will shoot another video for one other song. If you check this link from tomorrow onwards you can get the whole EP in mp3/wav and FLAC formats.

http://theblackstymphalian.bigcartel.com/

Thanks again for the comments guys!

PS: Andy is a huge influence and the reason I got into mixing so I totally take it as a compliment! As far as the Sylosis link, that's Scott Atkins who did that album and he's just tracked the drums for the next project im going to mix! Stoked! :hotjump:

Chaps! The EP has dropped today :D

I'll paste the speil I put on my Facebook page with the links....hope you guys enjoy!

Today is the day! The long awaited EP "Khaos Sigma" has been set free!

5 songs of metal featuring quality guest musicians such as Ian Gillings (RANNOCH), Greg Fender (The Aeons Collapse), Lyle Cooper (Ex-The Faceless) and solo's from Dean Wells (Teramaze) and Chris Feener (Ex-Threat Signal).

You can get your digital download from the links below....if you want the HQ MP3 feel free to use either link however if you are an audiophile you might want the WAV or FLAC from the Bandcamp page.

You will also notice a t-shirt + EP pre order on both pages....these are indeed what they say on the tin. No official design has been released as of yet but if you know you will be wanting a shirt and you also want the digital download of the new EP then feel free to get hold of that one. It won't be too long before the shirts shall be revealed and shipped.

Enough with the blabber, thanks to everybody for their support and patience!

BIG CARTEL - http://theblackstymphalian.bigcartel.com/

BANDCAMP - https://theblackstymphalian.bandcamp.com/

PS: Tune in to www.metalnationradio.com tonight at 6pm UK time to hear a full interview with James Stephenson and Ian Gillings talking about the project.