yuletide tradtions

longknife

New Metal Member
Mar 9, 2003
Canada
Visit site
yeah i know its a little late for this but how do you celebrate yule. this year i thought of making a yule wheel and introducing it to one of the many churches in my small town but i didnt have any wood or money so can you tell me some cheeper traditions.:err:

longknife said:
yeah i know its a little late for this but how do you celebrate yule. this year i thought of making a yule wheel and introducing it to one of the many churches in my small town but i didnt have any wood or money so can you tell me some cheeper traditions.:err:
hm... do you think the church will appreciate stuff like that from the nordic mythology? :)

btw if you guys understand swdish try this text about pagan traditions in christmas etc, it's rather interesting.

Hm, that's a tough one. Well then, there's always part II. You eat 'til you die, lots and lots of sausages and meatballs and such. If you can find "julmust", that's an acceptable substitute for beer (unless you want to get drunk).

gcele said:
Hm, that's a tough one. Well then, there's always part II. You eat 'til you die, lots and lots of sausages and meatballs and such. If you can find "julmust", that's an acceptable substitute for beer (unless you want to get drunk).
thanks for the tip well i love sasauges and we have a good butcher in town. well im sure i can always steal some beer for a blot but id like to be able to get it legaly oh well.

The nordic heathen tradition to feast yule seems chained to happiness and relaxement.I dont think youd like to celebrate in the roman way :D !Wich means to stay for 9 days (the ones before the celebration of the 24th of December)without sex,alcohol and other vices!
Let you image how much you can arrive to drink after these 9 days...

gcele said:
If you can find "julmust", that's an acceptable substitute for beer (unless you want to get drunk).

:yuk: I tasted that ""julmust" thing last christmas, and personally I must say its some of the worst shit Ive ever poored down my throat...

Its important to remember that the Vikings did not celebrate on the 24th as we do nowadays (according to the christian church).
The Vikings celebrated the "turning" of the sun, "vinter solverv", which happens on the 22nd.

Aggressor said:
:yuk: I tasted that ""julmust" thing last christmas, and personally I must say its some of the worst shit Ive ever poored down my throat...

Its important to remember that the Vikings did not celebrate on the 24th as we do nowadays (according to the christian church).
The Vikings celebrated the "turning" of the sun, "vinter solverv", which happens on the 22nd.

Don't you like Julmust!?!?!? You must be some weird norwegian dude, julmust is half the "christmas"

I tried julmust,it reminds me another analcoholic drink weve here called "chinotto".I love julmust with a slice of lemon and a little bit of grappa inside,also I would really like to pull the beard of the little dwarf appearing on the bottle! :devil: I did one time I was drunk!

No offense now, you Italian folks, but grappa must be the vilest of poisons known to man! I can hardly look at it without going sick, and I can stand worse things than most people :yuk:

Cadarn said:
My birthday :headbang:

Julmust is ok if you put alchohol in it but I preffer this drink, which I forgot the name of, perhaps "Jumma" or something? It's a mixture of Julmust, beer and wine I think.

No,No problem at all,man!I know what you mean!My girlfriend is from Stockholm and she hates grappa.Many other I know from other countries dont appreciate at all grappa,calling it "old shoes water" ecc.Im starting to think only italians and few other primitives, like this kind of stuff.Honestly I have to say that I've been for 2 years now without drinking it pure, because the last time I had half liter and for the whole week I couldnt stand and walk in a correct way :zombie: !
Salute for your birthday!

Patric said:
Julmust is ok if you put alchohol in it but I preffer this drink, which I forgot the name of, perhaps "Jumma" or something? It's a mixture of Julmust, beer and wine I think.

never heard of it, but it sure sounds awful ;)
seems like the stuff that could give you a 3-day hangover