Zakk Wylde is cool

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
G'day

So I'm listening to Black Label Society's live album, and that combined with listening to a Foo Fighters CD in the car today reminded me of some quotes that Metal Sludge has from his interviews in their 'Famous Last Words' section. Because I'm bored, and because it's a public holiday tomorrow (God bless those all-conquering, native-slaughtering white guys from yesteryear!) I'll cut n paste some of the better quotes.

Please be warned, some of what follows could contain ADULT LANGUAGE.

"The thing was, they had me go down to the record company - I didn't want to go down there, because I get fucking skivvies just fucking going in there, but I went - and they were playing songs by the Offspring and fucking Dave Grohl. I was like, "Fucking shit, I could piss fucking songs better than this!" I was speechless, these songs were a joke - I mean, they wouldn't work well on a fucking Trixter record!" - Zakk Wylde about the song ideas the record label had for Ozzy's new record, Metal Edge, March 2002

"If I ever run into Dave Grohl, I'm gonna kick his fuckin' ass. Because I think he sucks, and he wrote this cheese-dick song for Ozzy that I have to fuckin' play on, and I'll never forgive him for that. Foo Fighters is a fuckin' candyass girl band, but you've got that motherfucker submitting songs, and those douche bags from the Offspring submitting songs, too. I mean, none of thse guys could play a Randy Rhoads solo if they tried. Dave Grohl? Fuck Dave Grohl! Let him get up there and play 'Mr. Crowley'; he can't fuckin' do it. And it's like, you're getting this guy to write songs for Ozzy? Just because he played drums for fucking Shitvana?" - Zakk Wylde, Guitar World, November 2001

"The last time I checked it says 'BLACK FUCKIN' LABEL SOCIETY' back there. There ain't no lame-ass shit like Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, fuckin' Offspring, fuckin' douche-cunts from Bush up here. Make some motherfuckin' noise! Jesus Christ, I had to start this band, cause there's so much pussy-ass, whining shit out there. We gotta stomp that shit out, man. Since when the fuck was it cool to be a fuckin' pussy? I don't get it." - Zakk Wylde, Black Label Society, October 28th, 1999, The Whisky A-Go-Go.

"What we're about to do now is a little game we play. It's gonna be a longstanding tradition here in the Society. I'll pretty much ask you a question, and the response should be, 'FUCK YEAH,' cause if it isn't, we're gonna have to take you out back and beat the livin' fuckin' piss out of you."

Zakk Wylde: Question number one: Do the Backstreet Boys suck some major motherfuckin' horse dick?
Crowd: FUCK YEAH!
Zakk Wylde: Gavin from Bush. If you look like you shower more than three times a day, and have your fuckin' nails manicured, you fuckin' pussy ass piece of shit, you shouldn't be in a fuckin' rock 'n' roll band, am I right?
Zakk Wylde: Next, is Eddie Vedder the whiniest motherfuckin' cunt on this goddamn planet?
Zakk Wylde: Listen, do me a favor, as a friend: If you ever, ever, ehhh-ver (yes, he pulled a Chris Jericho) fuckin' hear me singing like that lame-ass cunt from the Smashing Pumpkins, Billy Corgan..."Today is..." SHUT THE FUCK UP, MOTHERFUCKER! If you ever hear me singing me like that, I'm friends with Mike Piazza, I'm gonna give you one of his fuckin' bats, and beat the fuckin' piss out of me! Would you do it?
Zakk Wylde: Thank you. What are friends for? Next: The Goo Goo Dolls. Jesus Christ. If you name your fuckin' band "The Goo Goo Dolls," fuck that shit, man! What the fuck are you thinking? You deserve a can of whoop-ass if you name your band the Goo Goo Dolls!
ZW: Last but not least, how good would Britney Spears look with a 12-inch cock in her mouth, am I right?
- Zakk Wylde, Black Label Society, October 28th, 1999, Whisky A-Go-Go.

"That's the difference between the lyrics I write and a band like Pearl Jam. For example: Let's say you save up enough dough to buy a fucking case of Raw Ass - it's the worst tasting beer we can buy, but that's all we got the money for - you're out in front of the liquor store, and some guy puts it in the back of his truck and fucking takes off. "Motherfucker! We just lost our beer and the dough!" Eddie Vedder will fucking whine about it, being a pussy, and write a song about being a wuss and how it's crushed his fucking life now cause this asshole drove off with his beer. Come to Black Label, man! What we do is, we get his license plate number, find out where he fuckin' lives, go down, smash his truck with a cinder blocks through the windshield, get the beer, then light his house on fire, get drunk, and write a song about it. That's the way Black Label handles it, man! It's pure fucking comedy at it's best!! - Zakk Wylde, Black Label Society, Metal Edge, December 1999.

Zakk Wylde is cool. Much cooler than me!