Zakk Wylde

i have not heard any under that name... dont like BLS. i like that pride and glory album he did quite a while ago. anyone else?

The only thing he's released under the "Zakk Wylde" name is the album Book Of Shadows. When it first came out, I hit the store seeking it out, and the sales clerk warned me that it was not a metal album. When I asked him what it was like, he thought for a moment and said, "It's like Hootie & The Blowfish...but with balls."

I had to think about that one for a minute, but thought...fuck it...it's still Zakk...I'll try it.

It is a mellow, semi-acoustic, southern-fried album, but if you like Pride & Glory, especially some of the mellower parts, you'll eat it up. Sure, it's not metal, but it's got some good, infectious songs that maintain a constant flow and mood throughout the entire album. Definitely a noble effort.

Hope that helps!

I love that Pride & Glory CD, never heard BLS or any of his other solo stuff though.

Guess I'm in the minority, but I like the two BLS albums, Pride & Glory, and Book Of Shadows. Yea, it gets a little redneck sometimes, but it's better than 90% of the other crap that passes for metal these days. So it's not a rap band with guitars or a 45 minute blast beat with cookie moster impressions for vocals, but if you keep an open mind it's good. Something called 'song writting'. I know...strange...but it seems to work for him.

hehe.. he is just great. simple, but very pleasant music to listen to he makes:)

u might read it but i just checked the official site now:

December 30: Alot of you have been asking...when's the DVD coming out? It's slated to be around March, along with The Blessed Hellride CD.