Zakk Wylde

Demilich

Remember
Apr 24, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Just saw Ozzy in concert tonight.. and lemme say, I HATE ZAKK WYLDE now! Shredding sounds more pathetic every time i hear it... what's the point of speed without passion? His solos are all boring and extremely similar. so they're technically outstanding... what's the point if you don't put any feeling into it?

I'm not a fan of Zakk either. He complains waaay too much, like a whiney baby. I saw him at last year's Ozzfest, he definitely love to stroke his ego.

Arch said:
I'm not a fan of Zakk either. He complains waaay too much, like a whiney baby. I saw him at last year's Ozzfest, he definitely love to stroke his ego.

I saw him a few months ago with BLS, and he got mad cause the sound wasn't to his liking so he punches one of these stage props and breaks it. It was the first concert where I left disappointed, it just wasn't any good.

IanDork107 said:
I'm mad at Pantera right now. They tried to kill art.

:lol: *gives a one-man standing ovation*

Anyway, Black Label Society is the most overrated piece of shit I've heard in a long while. It's beer chugging, sibling raping hillbilly "metal" (note the quotation marks), exactly along the lines of Pantera.

I dread the day Zakk and Phil join their hillbilly forces and make the obligatory SJR/BLS tour. Hell, I'm even positive that they will make a record together, which will truly be a sad day for real music.

loudsilence said:
I saw him a few months ago with BLS, and he got mad cause the sound wasn't to his liking so he punches one of these stage props and breaks it. It was the first concert where I left disappointed, it just wasn't any good.

What did he punched?

IAmEternal said:
Just saw Ozzy in concert tonight.. and lemme say, I HATE ZAKK WYLDE now! Shredding sounds more pathetic every time i hear it... what's the point of speed without passion? His solos are all boring and extremely similar. so they're technically outstanding... what's the point if you don't put any feeling into it?

Don't let the wankery of Zakk Wylde be your reason for not liking a little shredding now and then. Chuck Schuldiner made it beautiful, and a handful of other guys can rip it up without sounding like theyre doing the same scale runs over and over at mach speed. It's just a delicate balance I guess.

I'll agree with you about Wylde, for all the credit I've seen him get, where are all the memorable solos, especially in the last few years? He's an extremely talented guitar player, but with what seems to be poor focus, mediocre songwriting skills, and a slightly amusing, if not entirely moronic, beer-chugging public persona. Sure, beer and chicks are cool and everything, but this guy sounds like a dumbass whenever he opens his mouth. He should spend more time writing songs that aren't as immediately forgettable and less time drinking and proclaiming what he thinks is real, badass metal and what he considers to be just pussy music.

Say what you will about Pantera, but Zakk is an actual musician. If you actually pay attention, you would find that he works with people in jazz and classical stuff. So he's not just a hillbilly, he's like.......a jazz hillbilly.