Zecharia Sitchin, Erich von Däniken, and alien theories

You don't think you being ten has anything to do with this experience conceptually?

and No, you do not "Know" they exist. You believe.

Um, no.

It was seen by my brother from a seperate vantage point and neither of us communicated about it until later, and he described what he saw before I said anything about it. That is good enough for independent verification for me. Obviously you don't have to accept that since I'm just some dood on the interwebs.

Paranormal activity can't all be explained away, but what is it? It can't be evidence of an afterlife, because if someone's "soul" survives the death of the body, they would have an actual "life" (socially, mentally, emotionally), be self-aware, and have a purpose; a need for "survival" (whatever that would mean for a non-corporeal being). I have never heard of ghosts or spirits behaving this way.
Also, to bring the topic back to Sitchin and his 12th planet theory, here's a pro-Sitchin website:
http://www.sitchin.com/index.htm
And against:
http://www.sitchiniswrong.com/

I've seen a figure float, without looking, without hurrying, no sense of urgency, across two lanes of traffic, got a witness to that one.

I've seen the biggest white dog I've ever seen in my life follow my car miles to my fiance's house (saw it twice on the way, fiance's grandmother saw it as I was leaving), then it ran across the road in front of me minutes before I pulled in to my house. This whole thing felt very wrong, very menacing...

And, I've had a dead friend visit me in a dream. (posted about it in the dreams thread, actually)

I cant say I believe in any of that crap... but it happened... physically? maybe not. In my mind? absolutely.

These things have been more tangible to me than an alien. I believe aliens have to exist, in many forms... but I've had nothing to validate this with... not even a personal experience.

Until an actual alien turns up, spirits will always have a higher "real" factor.

Friend:
want to go ufo hunting

Me:
no thanks it's chilly outside

Friend:
non-believer huh

Me:
belief in what

Friend:
the greenman

Me:
the existence of aliens or that they've been around earth

Friend:
interesting choices, valerie

Me:
statistically it's highly probable that intelligent life exists in the universe, but very far away
i'd go out hunting with you but unfortunately my faster-than-light spacecraft is in the shop getting a smog check

Friend:
snub

Me:
glomp

Friend:
get off
snub

Me:
fine i'll go ufo hunting with you

Friend:
it's too cold

-_-

I've seen a figure float, without looking, without hurrying, no sense of urgency, across two lanes of traffic, got a witness to that one.

This is similar to what I saw. Also @ Jimmy: It was a dead relative, my brother and I were hiding during a game of hide and seek at night, and in the adjacent property the spectre floated around from the backside of the house, and down the driveway until it vanished into the light of the street light.

It was anywhere from 70 feet away to as close as probably 20-30 feet during it's movement. I initially thought it was coming at me and then it turned and just followed the driveway.

As a rationalist I will not argue with you on this, but I do believe if it was not a matter of being a conceptual erratum (because two people witnessed it) I would lean towards the perceptual sensations as the fault, a sort of illumination and nature of error.