Zephaniah question

James

Feb 27, 2002
Atlanta
www.torquestra.com
Does anyone know if they have any leads on a new singer? If not, does anyone know what "Plan B" is (do they already have a temporary singer for the October shows, etc.)?

I'm looking forward to seeing these guys regardless, but I'm curious about the status.

Plan 'B' is in fact Plan 'A'... their original singer will make the journey with them for this event since they have not yet found a suitable replacement. That idea has been in effect since they signed on for the fest.

No worries. :cool:

If Patrick is suitable for Zephaniah but can't accompany them, that'll just be raising false hopes! Last I heard, Albert (Katagory V) was gonna do the vocals for their 2nd album but they'll need a Live vocalist since obviously Albert can't be following them around. If you guys know of any good Vocalists in your area, as Hoyt says, this would be a great opportunity for them to audition for the part.

Datis

If Patrick is suitable for Zephaniah but can't accompany them, that'll just be raising false hopes! Last I heard, Albert (Katagory V) was gonna do the vocals for their 2nd album but they'll need a Live vocalist since obviously Albert can't be following them around. If you guys know of any good Vocalists in your area, as Hoyt says, this would be a great opportunity for them to audition for the part.

Datis

Haha, I don't think the logistics of it would line up for anyone in our area unless they're willing to locate to Indiana - and that's just not something I'm willing to do. They could certainly relocate to Atlanta though :lol: just one more band to add to the Pathfinder list to work with here.

They could certainly relocate to Atlanta though :lol: just one more band to add to the Pathfinder list to work with here.

That would have been good for their promotion to be a ble to work with Hoyt but I know Ian is married, with his wife a nurse and he also has his Hammerstrike Recording Studio in Fort Wayne which I don't suppose would be feasable to move just like that.

They are a big draw band in Fort Wayne and Justin (main composer and guitars) was telling me how cool it would be to play a gig in Nashville at Oblivion Myth's main hang out venue before they make it down to Marietta.

Hopefully some of the bands they meet at the Fest will swap gigs with them in the future. I'd certainly like to see them with Eternal Hour. I think that would be a hell of a show. I know they are hosting the Kansas City band VANLADE with whom they shared the stage during the Kansas City Power Fest II later on this year at Fort Wayne. And I managed to book a show for Ravage and Seventh Calling at their home town with them hosting it the day before our Halloween show, the All Hallows Eve MetalFest III in Chillicothe, OH.

Datis

Hopefully some of the bands they meet at the Fest will swap gigs with them in the future...

And that's exactly what I hope to help make happen - a great show that leads to some fantastic networking so that fans from all over the U.S. can see various combinations of these bands together.

:kickass:

I know I don't post on this forum (you can generally find me on the ProgPower or Katagory V forums), but I had heard about this thread and figured I'd clear things up on my end.

I was approached by Zephaniah soon after Logan's departure. Logistically, it wouldn't have been a very difficult gig for me. I'm based in Chicago, so it was only a three and a half hour drive to meet up with them. Unfortunately, my being in Katagory V leaves me somewhat financially strapped. I can only afford one expensive hobby of a band, and the gas money required to participate in Zephaniah as a full-time member would cut into my airfare to participate in Katagory V. However, I was willing to help out with the occasional show, and that's how my appearance at the Kansas City Power Metal Fest came about. I'll most likely do another show with them before the end of the year, but nothing's been set in stone. In addition, I agreed to record vocals for their new album if they so desired, and it looks like that plan is still in effect.

I would have loved to do the Pathfinder Metalfest, but I just spent a good chunk of change on ProgPower as well as two trips to Salt Lake City for pre-production recordings for the new Katagory V. There's no way I can afford another trip before Christmas. I wish the boys the best of luck at the show, and I'm certain that those in attendance will be dazzled by their performance.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Hey everyone! Just to verify, Logan (our original singer) will be joining us for the rest of our shows in October, including the Pathfinder Metalfest. This means you'll be hearing music from our debut album, "Stories from the Book of Metal," as well as a healthy dose of new material!

We are still looking for a new singer and would encourage any interested persons to contact us, regardless of location. It is likely that we will begin focusing more on tours and metal festivals in the next year, rather than weekly local/regional shows, which makes relocation less of an issue. For the right person, we can make it work.

Thanks also to Albert for clearing things up. He has been a great person to work with - very professional and an amazing singer! If you didn't already know, he recordeded vocals on our new pre-production track, 'Opening the Gates,' and he did a fantastic job. We absolutely appreciate everything he has helped us with so far; and we look forward to hearing him with Katagory V! It's a great example of why networking with your fellow bands is so important, so we look forward to meeting all of you!

See you in Georgia!
Ian Bender | Zephaniah
ex-drummer/now-bassist

Finally, after 9 long months, we are pleased to introduce the newest member of Zephaniah - GARY WENGLIKOWSKI - from Fort Wayne, Indiana!

Gary is also the vocalist and session drummer for the band, Demonwolf, and brings with him years of musical experience. With his strong range and wide variety of vocal styles, he will be a perfect fit!

We have uploaded a new version of our song 'Opening the Gates', featuring Gary on vocals. Check it out on our Myspace page! Stay tuned for updates on shows, new recordings, and other news in the near future!

http://www.myspace.com/zephaniahband

Thanks!

Hey James, are you coming to the Warriors Of Metal Fest III Open Air? We have an unbeatable line-up for a young Fest. DO NOT miss out. Get your VIP passes today and not only will you get in for the whole weekend, but you also get to camp for free, extra food and drink vouchers and additional chances to win door prizes and the raffle for the Jackson Kelly electric guitar that all the Fest guitarists are going to autograph :)!