ZERO HOUR Announces new Lead Singer - sound clip available

Saldiac said:
What the hell happened to Fred????????????

The audio clip sounds killer, Chris definitely smokes!

But some explanation about the new singer change might be the nice thing to do.

Yeah, what happened to Fred? I really dig his vocals on AFM and he did fill the shoes of Erik quite nicely. Oh well, times (and bands change) I guess...

Chris on the other other hand is an excellent choice as lead singer. I love the stuff he did with Power of Omens and the clip shows he is great in combination with you guys.

So, for the record, I too am thrilled about the new album! Rock on!

During the tracking process of AFM we knew that working with Fred beyond that wasn't going to happen. Mike, Jasun and I wanted to seek out a new vocalist and with Chris we found what we were looking for. Chris is better on all levels for Zero Hour. He's a great guy and we are excited that we have all the members in place to push the limits for ZH.

I want thank everyone who posted a comment and we really appreciate the support.

ZH FANS RULE!!

Troy/ZH

:yow: My Brotha's.... Holy Shit!!!!

I was suprised as hell to hear this news! o_O

I was extrememly skeptical at first before hearing the track, but I checked it out once...then twice... then full blast for the wife to hear on the third round, and I honestly think Chris fits better with the ZH material more so than both Fred and Erik. In fact, the vocal melodies he sings over the music is very suttle and natural, and that quick little accending vocal melody with the stacked harmonies that pops up every few measures is a killer touch in that song!

So how long do I have to wait to hear the new album as whole?! :worship: :D

I totally dig this!!!!

\m/
Dsutin

That's so awesome to hear Dustin and I'm way STOKED you dig the clip.

I have received more emails than ever of people asking when is this coming out and here's the best answer to date. The band can go in and do this very, very quick meaning recorded and mixed in 45 days (Ok maybe 60). It's all about negotiating a deal and even today we received an email from a label saying they would be interested in putting it out.

This is a great feeling for the band and the word has spread very, very quick. We'll just see what happens and we'll keep you updated as best we can.

Thanks so much for everyone's comments and kind words, THIS RULES!!

Jasun/ZH

ZHJ&T said:
During the tracking process of AFM we knew that working with Fred beyond that wasn't going to happen. Mike, Jasun and I wanted to seek out a new vocalist and with Chris we found what we were looking for. Chris is better on all levels for Zero Hour. He's a great guy and we are excited that we have all the members in place to push the limits for ZH.

I want thank everyone who posted a comment and we really appreciate the support.

ZH FANS RULE!!

Troy/ZH

That explains a lot of things. Here's to a bright future for ZH!! :headbang:

Stacy

ZHJ&T said:
I have received more emails than ever of people asking when is this coming out and here's the best answer to date. The band can go in and do this very, very quick meaning recorded and mixed in 45 days (Ok maybe 60). It's all about negotiating a deal and even today we received an email from a label saying they would be interested in putting it out.

This is a great feeling for the band and the word has spread very, very quick. We'll just see what happens and we'll keep you updated as best we can.

Thanks so much for everyone's comments and kind words, THIS RULES!!

Jasun/ZH

Good luck working out a label deal!! Do we need to start "campaigning" for ya?

Stacy

Hope you find the right deal soon; hopefuly get a decent support slot to promote this material and take Zero Hour to where they belong: at the top!

Thanks so much Spatch for all the support as always.

We'll see what happens with everything and the band is looking forward to tracking the disc.

YOU ALL RULE!!

Jasun/ZH

I think my initial response when hearing Fred's vocals on the clip that was posted before the last release went something along the lines : The vox seem deep into the mix and don't really stand out. I really enjoyed the album he did with ZH, but upon hearing Chris' vox in this clip, I am stoked. Chris has range and power and I've heard Power Of Omens, but this is definitely a new level. I hope Fred is proud of what he did with ZH and feels a sense of accomplishment. I am very much looking forward to hearing what Chris will bring to the table. This 2:20 clip which seems to be the end of the song is great. I would assume there needs to be some work done at the beginning of the song. I get the feeling it will be a 5 - 12 minute song with a relatively slow beginning. Awesome how the band is dedicated to putting out music. The music on this clip, by the way, is progressive for the band. It sounds different, which is good. That, once again, is what the band seems to be about. New music with a familiar flavor, expanding their horizons.

I just want to say thank you so much to all for the support you have shown. It is a privilege to be a part of ZERO HOUR. I could not ask for a better bunch of guys to create music with. This is a new level and I am going to take full advantage. The new stuff is amazing and I cannot wait for all to hear. So the new Chapter begins....ChrisZH :headbang:

Welcome on board Chris; really looking forward to hearing the new CD. Your voice really works well with Zero Hour I can see this taking you all to the next level

Having not heard Power Of Omens, I decided to go digging. And here's what I found:

A TOAST TO MANKIND
WITH THESE WORDS

Well, he's clearly got a great voice, but I'm not so sure about Power Of Omens. Sounds like a lot of self-indulgence over quality songwriting to me. By that I mean the songs lack a defined hook, which is what I love in a song. They will likely please many of the technical metal fans, though.

But there's no doubt that the guy can sing! I can't wait to hear what he does on the new album, just don't let the vocals overpower the music. =)

Ken

This is amazing news! Chris, I'm so glad to hear that you are keeping busy with a new band. I was really upset that Omens broke up, but now I'm glad that you are still singing. I really hope you guys come to Chicago. You'll find alot of support here. Keep up the good work and please don't break up! Everytime I get into a really good prog-metal band, they break up! So you guys better keep it together! :headbang:

Eyesore said:
Well, he's clearly got a great voice, but I'm not so sure about Power Of Omens. Sounds like a lot of self-indulgence over quality songwriting to me. By that I mean the songs lack a defined hook, which is what I love in a song. They will likely please many of the technical metal fans, though.

But there's no doubt that the guy can sing! I can't wait to hear what he does on the new album, just don't let the vocals overpower the music. =)

I agree. I own both Power of Omens albums... but never really got into them... though I did think the vocals were great... definately in the vein of Geoff Tate... but with an interesting edge. PoO always came off to me as too busy... especially for Chris' powerful vocals. Now Zero Hour is busy too... but their music seems to make more sense to me.

I'll admit "A Fragile Mind" didn't connect with me... though I suppose I should give it another try one of these days as I haven't listened to it for awhile... Fred's vocals is one aspect that didn't appeal to me. I will always rank Erik Rosvald's performance on "Towers of Avarice" as one of the top vocal performances in history... his voice was different than what you usually hear in metal... and was quite expressive. However, I welcome this interesting development. This new clip with Chris definatley appeals to me. I look forward to the new release! :headbang:

Welcome aboard, Chris (2nd from left?)

Power_of_Omens_Band.jpg