Zero Hour - Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond

wankerness said:
What whole thing? There were obviously a lot of earlier prog metal bands than Cynic.

Actually, there weren't too many, Cynic was around for quite a while before their first album. But that wasn't even the point. The point is, they're the benchmark for jazz-metal (or, for the bitching crew here, "jazz influenced metal"). Zero Hour fits comfortably in that category.

batmura said:
Yes it doesn't sound like Spiral Architect or Cynic in the least.

Zero Hour like SA or Cynic? :erk:

You're oblivious.

coolsnow7 said:
Actually, there weren't too many, Cynic was around for quite a while before their first album. But that wasn't even the point. The point is, they're the benchmark for jazz-metal (or, for the bitching crew here, "jazz influenced metal"). Zero Hour fits comfortably in that category.

:erk:

Benighted1 said:
err he has more credibility than most on here to be honest....
Benighted, you seem like a good guy, but I must disagree with you. In the Kveldssanger thread there are some nfu replys that are ridiculous to say the least. I refer you to go there and see. I'll paraphrase: "I have enough cd and vinyl to fill a guest house" So what, where's the credibility in that. And in a reply to Mamoud," I could drool for the existance of your membership and still come out on top." What is he 12? Those are a couple of examples. I just don't see any credibility at all. I know no one cares, least of all nfu, but his agenda has always seemed to me, to disparage others musical tastes. To demean others and for me, has not demonstrated any validity. He once said, "I used to write reviews for a music magazine" I asked him which one and there was no reply. He as often said also, "I don't have to prove anything to anyone here" But, I say with his incessant ramblings about what is good and not good, there must be substantiation. I'm sure he's a decent guy, he has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Bloodsword,

When I was looking for a good disc to give my grandmother I felt NFU was a good source... When it comes to metal then look for someone else....

You did nail him with this...

"I know no one cares, least of all nfu, but his agenda has always seemed to me, to disparage others musical tastes."

I've heard that this album returns to a style more similar to "Towers of Avarice." I've heard one track off that album and it just fucking ruled so I'll at least check this out.

I just got it today... You're right Chris sounds nothing like his Power of Omens day!

Thanks for the suggestion....

Free Tix to Zero Hour Show in Brooklyn Nov. 12th.

I just got a deal on a pair of free tix to see Zero Hour next Sunday.

If you have a My Space page, contact stentorproductions@yahoo.com for info, you just need to put one of the opening band's banner on your site and they pick up the tab.

Hey, I'm a cheap date, lol.

:p

Benighted, you seem like a good guy, but I must disagree with you. In the Kveldssanger thread there are some nfu replys that are ridiculous to say the least. I refer you to go there and see. I'll paraphrase: "I have enough cd and vinyl to fill a guest house" So what, where's the credibility in that.

There is no credibility in your argument when the context for Ninefeetunderground's quote isn't given.