Zurich yesterday

jeanmariepfaff

New Metal Member
Apr 25, 2006
To me it was the worst show since I've seen Anthrax the first time back in 1989. Joey sucks, sorry lads. There's no fokin reason to ask on and on if the crowd is ready, for 20 quid everybody is. Also I didn't pay 20 quid for introducing the band for 5 minutes they should have played room for one more instead.

maybe it was also the guy at the mixer to be blamed but the sound quality was just awful.
I love the old Anthrax stuff but 13 years of not too bad musical history had no room because of a bloody reunion. WCFYA, SOWN, Stomp... not a a single song out of 3 albums... sad.

I tried not to blame the lads for the reunion idea, I didn't blame the lads for the bush release but after yesterday's desaster I really wonder what kind of drugs it took to kick bush out of the band.

So sad, even the all time classic be all end all at the end could cheer me up. I should have wasted my money on drinking yesterday.

anybody else at the show yesterday?

jeanmariepfaff said:
To me it was the worst show since I've seen Anthrax the first time back in 1989. Joey sucks, sorry lads. There's no fokin reason to ask on and on if the crowd is ready, for 20 quid everybody is. Also I didn't pay 20 quid for introducing the band for 5 minutes they should have played room for one more instead.

maybe it was also the guy at the mixer to be blamed but the sound quality was just awful.
I love the old Anthrax stuff but 13 years of not too bad musical history had no room because of a bloody reunion. WCFYA, SOWN, Stomp... not a a single song out of 3 albums... sad.

I tried not to blame the lads for the reunion idea, I didn't blame the lads for the bush release but after yesterday's desaster I really wonder what kind of drugs it took to kick bush out of the band.

So sad, even the all time classic be all end all at the end could cheer me up. I should have wasted my money on drinking yesterday.

LOL another disgruntled Bush fan! If they were really that bad you saw a totally different band I did two times earlier this tour!

jeanmariepfaff said:

I was at the show.

I must disagree with you; I think the band was in top form. It was great to see them all in a good mood, Joey really did his best (you heard him sing the intro passage to N.F.L without instruments, didn't you? His voice was steady and impressive, as always) and the band did a lot of interacting with the crowd. I myself was in the first row and kept "touching" hands with Joey and Dan who I observed very closely. Joey was full of energy and you could tell he was enjoying himself; he was joking around with the people in the first row, trying to get the people in the back to mosh, and sang all the songs better than I've heard him sing at other shows.Dan Spitz was being a virtuoso on the guitar, as always, playing precise fast, aggressive riffs and nailing the solos smoothly and cleanly. Scott was solid on rhythm guitar and humorous(even though the "You're not so bad for a neutral country!" joke was kind of lame :p )in between songs, and Charlie was steady on drums.

Why are you complaining about the band introducing themselves?It was funny-when Charlie started playing Kiss drums-especially since Scott didn't seem to expect it, and I think a band that has returned to its original lineup after years is allowed to have a "welcome back" introduction. The crowd seemed to love it; the band's attitude was right ("we're keeping the talking to a minimum, and the metal to a fuckin' maximum!") and despite what you say, I think the sound was great.

Besides the occasional difficulties which Joey seemed to have with the mic and his vocals sometimes being too hard to hear,the technical stuff was fine(at least the sound wasn't as blurry and loud as Beyond Fear's). Overall, this was a great show, full of energy, and fast and heavy music. Most importantly, the band actually cared about the audience, and the audience gave the band the deserved respect.

In my opinion, this show was a KILLER. :kickass:

P.S : Pics & a vid of the whole band being introduced will be posted soon.

Rattlehed said:
I was at the show.

I must disagree with you; I think the band was in top form. It was great to see them all in a good mood, Joey really did his best (you heard him sing the intro passage to N.F.L without instruments, didn't you? His voice was steady and impressive, as always) and the band did a lot of interacting with the crowd. I myself was in the first row and kept "touching" hands with Joey and Dan who I observed very closely. Joey was full of energy and you could tell he was enjoying himself; he was joking around with the people in the first row, trying to get the people in the back to mosh, and sang all the songs better than I've heard him sing at other shows.Dan Spitz was being a virtuoso on the guitar, as always, playing precise fast, aggressive riffs and nailing the solos smoothly and cleanly. Scott was solid on rhythm guitar and humorous(even though the "You're not so bad for a neutral country!" joke was kind of lame :p )in between songs, and Charlie was steady on drums.

Why are you complaining about the band introducing themselves?It was funny-when Charlie started playing Kiss drums-especially since Scott didn't seem to expect it, and I think a band that has returned to its original lineup after years is allowed to have a "welcome back" introduction. The crowd seemed to love it; the band's attitude was right ("we're keeping the talking to a minimum, and the metal to a fuckin' maximum!") and despite what you say, I think the sound was great.

Besides the occasional difficulties which Joey seemed to have with the mic and his vocals sometimes being too hard to hear,the technical stuff was fine(at least the sound wasn't as blurry and loud as Beyond Fear's). Overall, this was a great show, full of energy, and fast and heavy music. Most importantly, the band actually cared about the audience, and the audience gave the band the deserved respect.

Good you enjoyed the show & bring on the video!!

Rattlehed said:
I was at the show.

good to hear!!!! i agree there is nothing wrong with the band introducing themselves. gives your neck a short break from all the banging

jeanmariepfaff said:

you're just another reunion-basher (troublemaker)! i was at the show and Anthrax kicked ass, the place was packed and the crowd was totally into it! if you came there to hear "room for one more" then of course you got disappointed. it was one of the best shows i've ever seen.

mosh!

Thrashard said:
you're just another reunion-basher (troublemaker)!
You have to blindly support everything Anthrax does even if you don't agree, or be labeled "Troublemaker"

no, you don't have to support anything, man. but if you don't like what a band does, then don't listen to them, it's so easy. there are so many bands in the world.

"disgruntled Bush fan", "another reunion-basher", "troublemaker", and the priceless "you don't like what a band does, then don't listen to them"...
The guy (an Anthrax fan) shared his whatever opinion, and got crucified... good fucking deal, bravo!

He can have an opinion on the reunion but no need to bash the band because of it, anybody that has seen the band on the current euro trek knows they didn't suck, quite frankly pretty much the opposite which can be hard to admit for people that don;t support the reunion.

He should have stated he doesn't like the reunion and had trouble watching the show from the perspective...but this random reunion bashing just had it's time IMO.

spacebeer said:
He can have an opinion on the reunion but no need to bash the band because of it, anybody that has seen the band on the current euro trek knows they didn't suck, quite frankly pretty much the opposite which can be hard to admit for people that don;t support the reunion.

He should have stated he doesn't like the reunion and had trouble watching the show from the perspective...but this random reunion bashing just had it's time IMO.
Hey! Can you read? He first stated his opinion on the show, - apparently, a negative one. He had formed his opinion on the reunion AFTER that. Spacebeer man, you must be a lawyer...

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
"disgruntled Bush fan", "another reunion-basher", "troublemaker", and the priceless "you don't like what a band does, then don't listen to them"...
The guy (an Anthrax fan) shared his whatever opinion, and got crucified... good fucking deal, bravo!

nobody got crucified! it's his right to hate the reunion and it's good if he shares his opinion but his review was nothing but reunion-bashing, the sound in Zürich was great. why doesn't he write that review on http://www.reunionbashers.com ? that's what they like to read there anyway. they have to lie to themselves because the tour is soldout and the people love it.

Ok

Why is it everytime a joey hater lets face it most of them are,barr a few who enjoy joey. They all post crap review's of the a show saying how bad he sounded the band was shit etc & then we get 5 or so good review's of that show.It just shows what closed minds people have to bush/joey material with joey singing.

I remember being at donington in 04? When lars failed to show & the amount of boo's and this fucking sucks was unbeleivable my best mate even said they where shit(his fav band btw) Meanwhile im not too big a fan well(83-88) i like it was done to the best they could & aded a new twisted to over played songs.

Why do we get no constructive critism like why it sucked,we just get it plain sucked.

PS Sorry you didnt enjoy the show.

I´m glad I´ve been here long enough to not be labeled "troublemaker" or "hater" when I question things or speak my mind. Or...

On the other hand I don´t like bitching just for the sake of bitching.

Rattlehed said:
I myself was in the first row and kept "touching" hands with Joey and Dan who I observed very closely.
That sounds kinda creepy!

Thrashard said:
nobody got crucified! it's his right to hate the reunion and it's good if he shares his opinion but his review was nothing but reunion-bashing, the sound in Zürich was great. why doesn't he write that review on http://www.reunionbashers.com ? that's what they like to read there anyway. they have to lie to themselves because the tour is soldout and the people love it.
You've just contradicted yourself. So let me get this straight: any negative criticism of the reunion and/or reunion shows are reunion-bashing, and don't belong on the band's FUCKING FORUM. I think I'm done here. I can't say it's been great.

What this guy posted wasn't even critizism, just mindless bashing....

I mean I hate jazz music but when I see a jazz combo play I can say if they played well or not, and it seems virtually impossible ANTHRAX sucked THAT hard reading all the rave reviews of the sold out shows across europe let alone the two I visited personally..

I think it just shows a bad loser who can't stand the reunion is reasonably succesfull agaisnt a lotta people's predictions. It shows that there's a lotta ANTHRAX fans who don;t bother posting here and just go and enjoy the shows and hear their favourite music played, this board is by n means a mirror of the real fan base IMO.

AFter reading that "review" I wonder if this guy even actually was there or just felt the need to say something negative.....

if you want to critisize the reunion or the band in general then just do it but why did mr. jeanmariepfaff share his opinion of the reunion under the topic "Zurich yesterday"? it was a great performance of the Reunion-Line Up and the audience seemed to enjoy it. the crowd jumped, they moshed, they banged their heads and they sang really loud. it's not a helpful review if you write "Joey sucked", "the sound quality was awful" and things like that just because it wasn't the lineup you wanted to see and they didn't play the songs you wanted to hear. just create another topic like "The Reunion sucks", "Joey can't sing" or something like that if you want to speak your mind on the Reunion.