ZWEIZZ - "Black Neurotic Obfuscation" 7"

zweizz_update.gif

http://www.zweizz.com/
Vendlus Records
www.vendlus.com

Side A: Black Necrotic Obfuscation Ethereal layers of synthetic matter merges with the filthy, demo-like sound of the drums, guitars and vocals. Vomiting anger, swallowing hate.

Side B: Birth, Sex, Death A musical summary of the highlights of life. The joy of death, the fear of birth. Implosive humour. A multi-layered death certificate signed by a circus clown.

What in THE FUCKING HELL is this???

A pretty 7", red, nice and pretty on my turntable. The stylus was down, the record was spinning.

First I checked the speakers to see if they were properly turned on. Then I checked the wires. Nope, not that. Was the stylus fucked up? I turned the turntable off to examine it. Nope, no problems with the needle. The record itself? No way, it's brand new, but maybe it was just dusty or something. Nope. Perfect.

Then it dawned on me. The record was SUPPOSED to sound like this!

Don't get me worng, I've expanded my brain-music-muscle before. Seriously. I've listened to SUNN O))) plenty, got my PINK FLOYD and psychadelia cherry popped long ago, experienced the MELVINS at their most walking-around-with-a-tape-recorder-ian... hell, I even enjoy MERZBOW! Yes, you heard that right -- I enjoy listening to stuff that sounds like radio fuzz on a dark night in Arkansas. But this is. Fucking. Weird!

I can't even begine to describe this blur of beats, bleeps, blarings and blitzkriegs of sound. However, I will reccomend it to you crazy ass motherfuckers out there who can't get enough noise terror. Me... I like this. I don't like it per se, but somehow, by listening to it, I feel a change come over me. My testicles shrivel. My pupils dilate. My brain gyrates. I feel infinity swirl about me in a barrage of sound.

Stereophonic lifecycles!

*Note: this short release is brought to you by Svein Egil Hatlevik of DØDHEIMSGARD and FLEURETY fame. You've been doubly forewarned.

WTF/10