My Vacation Nightmare: Or Why America is Neurotic

Jul 21, 2003
Visit site
I got a call from my mother on Wednesday. "Honey, why don't you come meet us down at the beach Friday? Take a couple of days to unwind." It sounded like a fine idea to me, I'd always enjoyed spending time communing with wind and wave, and maybe wetting a line for five or six hours at a stretch. I really should have known better.

Within about 10 minutes of breaking away from work, it had become apparent that my “getaway” weekend might not be all it was cracked up to be. Traffic had begun stacking up in the eastbound lanes almost before the office was out of sight, and a drive that should have taken 4 hours in a reasonable, sane world turned into a 7 hour nightmare of extreme irritation, exhaust, and dodging morons in SUV’s. When I finally arrived, I found the quiet, quaint island I loved as a child a Yankee infested rathole inundated with status-flaunting assholes and their undisciplined brats, each squalling family packed to the gills in their own personal assault vehicles. The salt marshes where I’d spent countless hours as a child crabbing and just exploring had largely been filled in so that senile bastards long past their useful existence could enjoy a round of golf. The inlet and jetty where I’d always had my best luck fishing were totally inaccessible, having been buried under a rental facility for “personal watercraft.” As for the beach, it was packed with the grotesquely fat and hideously hairy, as well as their mounds and mounds of space eating personal effects (not to mention the mounds of refuse the slobs left behind). Paradoxically, very few went in the water (most seeming to prefer the antiseptic swimming pools of their condos to the joys of the Atlantic Ocean). Even still, the one time I managed to fight through the crowd to get a line in the water, a noxiously Jewish housewife worked herself into hysterics after I caught a small blacktip shark (all of 4.5 feet and maybe 60 or 70 lbs). I mean, I was attracting these things into the shallows where they might hurt her baby (who appeared to be about 10 and weighed a good 150 lbs, how a shark the size of my leg was supposed to be a threat to the Son of Leviathan I don’t know). So here I sit back at work and not the least bit relaxed, having completed my “vacation” with another 7 hour drive amongst total idiots. Man, there's nothing like "getting away from it all."

It's the consumerism, stupid!

Haha. I love your story. I think its time to find a new place to hang out. I'm going to come out with a network channel that shows just what the hell America is becoming. I will hammer the hell out of fat kids, i will hammer politics, I will hammer whatever I want to. It will be like a news channel, but without the bullshit. It will be straightforward. It will say, "Hey parents with fat kids, quit feeding his fat ass McDonald's and let him try a balanced meal, and if he bitches about, let him starve." And as for all the yuppies, I'll say, "Hey you rich, egotistaical snob, 'I'm so cool in my SUV that I pay half my paycheck for,' get your heads out of your ass." Hehe, it will happen. I'll call it, "Your Fat, Dumb, Blind, and Demoralized World, with your host, Emperor 101!" :worship:

Emperor101 said:
Haha. I love your story. I think its time to find a new place to hang out. I'm going to come out with a network channel that shows just what the hell America is becoming. I will hammer the hell out of fat kids, i will hammer politics, I will hammer whatever I want to. It will be like a news channel, but without the bullshit. It will be straightforward. It will say, "Hey parents with fat kids, quit feeding his fat ass McDonald's and let him try a balanced meal, and if he bitches about, let him starve." And as for all the yuppies, I'll say, "Hey you rich, egotistaical snob, 'I'm so cool in my SUV that I pay half my paycheck for,' get your heads out of your ass." Hehe, it will happen. I'll call it, "Your Fat, Dumb, Blind, and Demoralized World, with your host, Emperor 101!" :worship:
Hmmm...I won't argue about obese children. However, in the previous posts there are references to anti-consumerism (therefore anti-capitalism) a bit of anti-semitism (and no I'm not being the ACLU here), and then alot of sanctimony about how people are assholes and narrowminded...you're different how? Also, out of curiosity, what exactly are morals to you? Most of you people are self-avowed "atheists" on here, and an atheist who is moralistic is obviously someone who doesn't understand the ramifications of his or her own belief system. Additionally, exactly how does being successful equate to having one's head in his or her ass? I deal with people every day, and yes the world is full of assholes, but I do not see things the way you lot probably do. Plus I just love playing devil's advocate.

...aso, I will say as a southerner, part of the initial posters problem may be his proximity to the equator...Yank culture is rather inhospitable. :p Joking.

Hmmm... one thing just caught my attention... what exactly do you believe the rammifications of the atheist belief system is? I am not sure I understand the context/meaning behind that statement

eeeh. yeah sounds like a shit vaction. thats why if whenever I need get away try and go where i know for sure there be as littel ppl as posibel like (well dont know if there are any near you thoue..) into the mountains whice arn't so far from here. or just some place not freqented by many...

Wandrail said:
Hmmm...I won't argue about obese children. However, in the previous posts there are references to anti-consumerism (therefore anti-capitalism) a bit of anti-semitism (and no I'm not being the ACLU here), and then alot of sanctimony about how people are assholes and narrowminded...you're different how? Also, out of curiosity, what exactly are morals to you? Most of you people are self-avowed "atheists" on here, and an atheist who is moralistic is obviously someone who doesn't understand the ramifications of his or her own belief system. Additionally, exactly how does being successful equate to having one's head in his or her ass? I deal with people every day, and yes the world is full of assholes, but I do not see things the way you lot probably do. Plus I just love playing devil's advocate.

...aso, I will say as a southerner, part of the initial posters problem may be his proximity to the equator...Yank culture is rather inhospitable. :p Joking.

Okay, interesting comment that really makes no sense. Morals are very simply the standard to which way we ought to live. In happiness, peace, and what not. Atheists do not beleive in a god very simply because the morals are no more. The foundation to the way America was supposed to theoretically work, was the belief that the people will live long and prosper. I'm no Vulcan, but I agree with that. Today's world is full of people who very simply don't give a flying FUCK about anyone but their damn money, makeovers, cell phones, and plasma screens . Those are called yuppies. Bill Gates. Multi-multi billionare. He has 60 Billion bucks. What does he do with it? He gives about 5-10% of it to charity, and the rest for his family and him. That leaves 50 billion for him. What the fuck could you do with 50 billion in one lifetime, or for that matter 3 or 4? Upper class people have big ass homes and nice cars. Sure they do a little to help out, but its not enough. Make six digits a year, and sit on it. Swimming in their own grave. Money doesn't make you happy, but it helps out. Especially today. I hate hippies, but i beleive in a happy world. Focus on starvation and poverty instead of war and capitalism. Screw whoever thinks otherwise.

Let me put it this way, there are only two reasons people drive Hummers:

A. They're in the army.

B. They're fucking assholes.

And these folks weren't in the army.

Planetary Eulogy said:
Let me put it this way, there are only two reasons people drive Hummers:

A. They're in the army.

B. They're fucking assholes.

And these folks weren't in the army.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. thats hillarious.