Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic (king Diamond, Metallica exc)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Thrash

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Prog

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Welcome Mark, finally the members are posting! Mark as I said to Steph, I'm very excited to share the stage with you guys! Death/Prog is pretty cool indeed. I love Cynic and athiest and those type of bands, any other bands you could suggest Mark and Effigy?

Speaking of Atheist, one of my missed-show regrets was Chicago Powerfest in 2007, which was Atheist's first or second show back after reuniting. That's the one that also had Solitude Aeturnus, Saturnus, and I believe November's Doom were on it too. I ended up not being able to go since I suddenly moved to Boston right at the time it happened. But things worked out in their own way because I eventually got the chance to be in a sweet doom/death band out here with Dan and Steph!

I wish I could pick more than one!!!

Haha...me too!

Steph here...my favorite metal genres...I definitely grew up on death and thrash metal. I was in high school in the early 90s (oh shit, am I betraying my age here? I'm only 29, right...wink wink!) so it was all about Morbid Angel and Slayer for me. Took me a long time to branch out, I'll admit!

Today, obviously, I'd say I'm partial to death/doom and pagan/black metal, since that's what I play! Being a radio DJ and doing a weekly metal show on Saturday nights certainly keeps me on my toes and always looking for new bands. My favorite metal is definitely stuff that defies classification and genres. As a solo artist, I'm an experimentalist (I work with electronics), so I enjoy things that are somewhat on the fringe. Current favorite bands - aside from my obvious preferences as stated above - a diverse bunch: Negura Bunget, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Kontinuum, Melechesh, Impureza (which I'm currently spinning), Anaal Nathrakh...

I could go on and on and on here...

I grew up on metallica back in 86 yeah, Im even Older Steph ha ha, then megadeth and slayer, venom and king diamond, then thrash like Testament, Sabbat and Exodus in the later 80's and 90's, then in 91 i found the band Death, and it was all about death metal like Obituary, Maklevolent Creation, Deicide, Morgoth, Grave, Napalm Death and Darkthrone, by 93/94 it was Hypocrisy, At The Gates and Opeth and Septic Flesh...Those were my turning Point bands that led me to the doom stuff, I found Doom Metal in 94/95 with MY Dying Bride, Tiamat, Tristitia, Paramecium and Anathema....So yeah, I like most aggressive metal But always liked Mozart, Beethoven, Vivaldi and other classical composers, I even L:ike Garth Brooks ha ha....I like any music that is passionate really. so yeah, there are my 2 cents ha ha.

Haha...me too!

Steph here...my favorite metal genres...I definitely grew up on death and thrash metal. I was in high school in the early 90s (oh shit, am I betraying my age here? I'm only 29, right...wink wink!) so it was all about Morbid Angel and Slayer for me. Took me a long time to branch out, I'll admit!

I lived the 80s metal movement (I'm close to 40) and I have seen a lot of metal come through in my nearly 30 years in the scene (Metalhead since 84 at the age of 10.). Naturally my most favorite is thrash metal, but also doom, black and death played a pivotal role for me in the 80s as well. I was also into traditional bands like Cirith Ungol, Cutty Sark, Warrant (Germany), Black Death, Maltese Falcon, Omen, etc.

Today, obviously, I'd say I'm partial to death/doom and pagan/black metal, since that's what I play! Being a radio DJ and doing a weekly metal show on Saturday nights certainly keeps me on my toes and always looking for new bands. My favorite metal is definitely stuff that defies classification and genres. As a solo artist, I'm an experimentalist (I work with electronics), so I enjoy things that are somewhat on the fringe. Current favorite bands - aside from my obvious preferences as stated above - a diverse bunch: Negura Bunget, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Kontinuum, Melechesh, Impureza (which I'm currently spinning), Anaal Nathrakh...

I could go on and on and on here...

I too am a DJ. I do a show four days a week, as well as own the station. I actually will listen to my audience about adding new bands. I care about their opinions, since they are tuning in. That is how I added bands like Speedwolf, Ketzer, Superchrist and others. They know it is going to be a lot of work, but they know if I like it, I will add it. But one surprise for me was when I added Perversor a couple of years ago. I thought it would only cater to a few people, but they have become so popular on my show, which really took me by surprise.