Your Favorite Genre of Metal?

Eternal Dragon said:
I've gotten to a point where i'm kinda sick of EVERYTHING. So, I'm gunna try and make my own stuff and just throw in whatever. Today I thought some tribal beats would sound cool, or prehaps war drums or something. And panpipes :).

I usually tried to search for tons of new bands or listen to jazz fusion when I feel that way. :) Or Mozart.

Right now, my favorite band is Opeth by far. I just bought 3 new CDs and I still want more :headbang:

I couldn't really rate the genres by the numbers though, it would be too difficult. So I guess Death metal, Progressive metal and Thrash metal are my favorites. But I also listen to at least 1 Rush CD per day just because.

MrFast said:
Right now, my favorite band is Opeth by far. I just bought 3 new CDs and I still want more :headbang:

make sure you get Blackwater Park, that's their best album. Orchid comes next, the Reveries.

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead to revise my fav genre. Feel free to post if your likes have changed.

Now, I'm into symphonic black metal, with band like Bal-Sagoth, Summoning, and Dimmu Borgir heading my top 3.

Favorite metal genre: Honestly, as long as the music rocks I'm a big fan. Bands like Metallica, Gun'n'Roses, Godsmack...I dig their in your face style so much. That's probably why I love Dream Theater so much because they have songs that are in your face but with such an epicness (i.e.: Glass Prison) <3

Bah, sepultura is teh gay. I agree, nothing like some old school thrash, but for that I personally prefer:
Tankard
Kreator
Sodom
Assassin
Exodus (Bonded by Blood being the ONLY good album)
Some testament is alright
Coven
Dark Angel
etc. so on so forth

Do you honestly dislike Sepultura? How could any thrash metalhead NOT like the album Arise?

As for your list, Tankard is just plain badass and Kreator FTW.

Last edited by a moderator: