Your Favorite Genre of Metal?

Lately, I've just been listening to Adagio constantly. Symphonic/Dark/Prog/God Metal

Prog (SymX, DT, Van Der GraafG, ELP, Ayreon, FatesW etc.)
Metal -power/heavy/speed (Virgin Steele, Rage, Helloween, Angra, Edenbridge etc.)

I couldn't narrow it down to a specific genre, I'm a MUSIC fan of all eras and many genres. I prefer stuff that CAN'T be classified. (See MKB, Zappa, and FK)

J-Dubya - The Progressive Metal Shitstick

So far you're the only other person I've seen on this board who's a nut for Zappa, and that's sad.

Yes it is, there's just SO much cool material from him out there.
I just got the official release of "Trance Fusion" and it rocks!
There was NOBODY with a tighter band than FZ. Doesn't matter if we're talking Mothers, Roxy, or the Vai years. Even MJR is a fan....

J-Dubya

Where I used to work, I always stopped to talk to a certain guy in the spray booths. He was a huge fan of Zappa, any jazz or blues really, and when he found out I was a fan but didn't have much material he gave me the Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar trilogy, Apostrophe/Overnite Sensation double album (I think it might be signed too), Strictly Commercial, Sheik Yerbouti, Freaks & Motherf***ers and a whole bunch of 80s music magazines and newspaper clippings all related to Zappa. I was left speechless, apparently he wanted to pass down Zappa to the younger generation. His name was Frank and he had a big nose, he kinda looked like the man himself :lol:

I don't have a favorite. Sorry to be boring, but I dig oldschool, powermetal (in your face style) prog-metal, thrash and some technical metal.

Bryant

And I wonder who made the bigger mess when the headliners were announced for the PP Showcase this morning........:headbang:

J-Dubya