The Car Thread

jmbullet

Drama maker
Jul 31, 2006
Canada
blog.myspace.com
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy my first car and I need advice. I really love my parent's Toyota Yaris, but that would be too expensive for me to buy. I'm wondering whether I should go for a Toyota Tercel or a Hyundai Accent. I guess a Honda civic could also do the job. I'm just looking for a cheap, small car that is somewhat reliable.

My budget is about 2,500 or 3,000 $

Also, my boyfriend's mom told me to rent a brand new car, but I find that kind of pointless since I wouldn't be the owner of the car after paying for like 4 years...

Don't lease, its much more expensive.
If you are going used, its best to just see what options you have before deciding what make and model you want. Keep an eye on the cars mileage, and look up the car to see if any owners have mentioned their cars getting generally fucky at certain distances.

Also don't get a civic, unless you like being cancer.

8au2728.jpg

Derp%20TV%20guy%20copy.jpg

Get a car that has 4 wheels, an engine and works. It's your first car, the ONLY advice you need is get something cheap so the insurance isn't expensive.

A fiesta? They're the most basic beginner car around where I am, or so it seems.

Or don't be a tart and get a Yamaha R1 instead.

This thread only reminds me of how much I fail :erk:

The plan is to get a motorcycle license and get a yamaha or honda sportbike... hopefully.

hey i actually decided to read your post and its funny you said the tercel, that was my friends first car and it's actually pretty decent i'd get one. you could also find a nice kia rio for around that price

I'd probably find a newer kia Rio for the same price, but I'm concerned about reliability... My parents have 2 toyotas that have never let us down, and I've heard so many good things about Toyota that I know the Tercel would be a great choice, but Kia seems to be some kind of cheap brand, amrite ?