The Car Thread

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh, right on!!

Repsol Race Rep CBR1000RR...:kickass:

That bike looks sweet! As much as I would love to have it, I just need something simple without all the flash. Still, one can dream... right? :lol:

I've rode a dirk bike only once. That is the extent of my bike-riding experience, haha.

I think bikes are cool and all, but i dunno about you guys, for me its not a practical idea at all. I have lots of stuff to lug around, and the day i strap a 60kg amplifier to the side of a bike is most likely the day i get horribly disfigured in traffic. I've been looking at stationwagons lately, seems to be the most reasonable and practical option for me, without going all truck-like.

err maybe a van... There's a guy in the city over from me selling. a fucking. tour bus.

If I could afford it I'd buy it =l

lol I've been tempted to buy an old minivan so I could use it for my band but I hate the fact those cars take so much gas. It's expensive and bad for the environment. So I made a deal with my dad, he lets me use his brand new Toyota Sienna when I need it with the band and he takes my car.

Besides, when we don't need to bring the drumset, I'm sure a 4x12 cab and amp head and my beloved ESP LTD F-250 (I'm most likely going for a Line 6 Sipder IV) could fit into the trunk of a Tercel or at least on the backseat

lol I've been tempted to buy an old minivan so I could use it for my band but I hate the fact those cars take so much gas. It's expensive and bad for the environment. So I made a deal with my dad, he lets me use his brand new Toyota Sienna when I need it with the band and he takes my car.

Besides, when we don't need to bring the drumset, I'm sure a 4x12 cab and amp head and my beloved ESP LTD F-250 (I'm most likely going for a Line 6 Sipder IV) could fit into the trunk of a Tercel or at least on the backseat

It'll fit in the backseat just fine, i've transported a huge halfstack and 4 guitars with a normal sedan. The number of vacant seats diminishes rapidly, but at least you get to transport it safely, heck, you can even fit the seatbelt so in case of an accident, you dont get 60x(amount G force in said carcrash)kg of amplifier smashed through your torso.

o_o I'd but that cabinet....

All blood splattered and what not. Trve metalheads use real blood stains on their equipment :kickass:

That bike looks sweet! As much as I would love to have it, I just need something simple without all the flash. Still, one can dream... right? :lol:

I've rode a dirk bike only once. That is the extent of my bike-riding experience, haha.

Yeah, same here, but I'm a poser, so I bought a ZX6R. :lol:

Any 125/250 would do for the purposes I use it for, but they're not as much fun. It's no wonder I'm skint. :kickass:

Get a car that has 4 wheels, an engine and works. It's your first car, the ONLY advice you need is get something cheap so the insurance isn't expensive.

This.

I actually bought my brothers Volvo 440 for 700€. Then 100€ goes for a new CD player and 100€ for painting some small rust spots and shit. So it's a 1000€ car. Then the insurance would rape me with whatnot 500-800€ but dad took care of it and took the insurance in his name and because hes used the same company for X years he got it for about 150€.

I really don't see why you need a really good car for first. Get a basic piece of shit.

Get a basic piece of shit.
Like this ?:lol:
128872d1247799588-building-pc-you-dont-wanna-miss-milenovic_yugo_03.jpg

But srsly,she really doesnt need a good car,even I know that.

Not necessarily. My 700€ Volvo doesn't look like a piece of crap. I mean It's pretty basic but I am happy with it.

20090913g.jpg

She should keep a lookout for something like a cheap Ford or Mazda. Then again I have shit knowledge of the carprices and availabilities in Canada.

Not necessarily. My 700€ Volvo doesn't look like a piece of crap. I mean It's pretty basic but I am happy with it.

20090913g.jpg

She should keep a lookout for something like a cheap Ford or Mazda. Then again I have shit knowledge of the carprices and availabilities in Canada.

If you know what to look for and you're decent with mechanics/close to someone who is, you can get away very cheaply for a decent looking/running car

But srsly,she really doesnt need a good car,even I know that.

Well in fact, I know I need a good car, because I know I can get one for under $4000 and I don't want it to be breaking all the time. And I don't wanna spend much money on gas or pollute a lot so it needs to be economic.

Besides, I'm gonna play a lot of shows and also go to a lot of shows that are not taking place in my town, so I wanna make sure the car is not going to break down in the middle of the highway...