Comics!

@TageRyche hey dude i found a a huge lot of the old marvel Conan books on ebay. Mostly from #100 through 200 and a few in the #60's-70's. About 90 books for $85. Worth it?

Kind of depends on the condition and just how much you want the books. I'd be tempted myself if I didn't already have the material. It is basically a dollar a book. If you have a store near you with bargain bins you might be able to pull some out of them, but might not be likely that you could snatch up so many issue at once for a relatively cheap cost.

But check on the condition of the books first.

Kind of depends on the condition and just how much you want the books. I'd be tempted myself if I didn't already have the material. It is basically a dollar a book. If you have a store near you with bargain bins you might be able to pull some out of them, but might not be likely that you could snatch up so many issue at once for a relatively cheap cost.

But check on the condition of the books first.

i actually meant about 85 books for $95. Only thing kind of stopping me is that the book seem to be in somewhat rough shape. Pics in spoiler ....

WkkYyLC.jpg
Aog94Js.jpg

1cAXPvW.jpg

bWJkwle.jpg

PkNe3am.jpg

Kqrk2Oj.jpg

yEobVoz.jpg

xaXorJX.jpg

qMupx9U.jpg

o4Oukjx.jpg

R76E735.jpg

vH0pg1Q.jpg

KFmjWGm.jpg

@TechnicalBarbarity - Are you buying for reading purposes or collecting purposes? And I have to say that I'm a little surprised that the books aren't bagged and boarded. For me, I won't buy books that aren't bagged and boarded off of eBay. And I generally buy just to read the books not for building a peerless collection.

@TechnicalBarbarity - Are you buying for reading purposes or collecting purposes?
both, i read everything i buy and i also plan on adding these to my collection.

Not to sound like a prick or anything, but why would you be worried about bags and boards if you're only in it for reading and dont care about collecting?

Are these easy to find issues? Should i hold of on finding ones in better condition r are some of these key books? Do you have any Conan books you'd be wiling to sell?

Any comics you are planning on keeping should always be bagged and boarded. When I say I don't collect, I mean that I don't go seeking out high grade copies of stuff. It doesn't mean that I don't have a lot of comics.

Some of the issues are probably easier to find than others, it probably depends on how much access you have to back issue bins whether at a store or a show.

And don't let me talk you out of a purchase. If you want to buy it, BUY IT! Your opinion is always the one you should put the most stock in.

Any comics you are planning on keeping should always be bagged and boarded. When I say I don't collect, I mean that I don't go seeking out high grade copies of stuff. It doesn't mean that I don't have a lot of comics.

Some of the issues are probably easier to find than others, it probably depends on how much access you have to back issue bins whether at a store or a show.

And don't let me talk you out of a purchase. If you want to buy it, BUY IT! Your opinion is always the one you should put the most stock in.
yeah i was asking because youre probably more familiar with the prices for these books and if some of them are key issues or whatnot. I want the books, but im not sure i want to spend that much on them and im not sure if i'll be able to find them for cheaper. Basically im just wondering if this is a deal i should pass up on or not.

and i could have sworn you've said previously that you're just a reader and not a collector, which is why i was a little confused. What you're describing is pretty much an investor/speculator, not a collector.

I should clarify. I have comics. It is a collection sure, but it's just stuff that I like and want to read. I protect them with the bags and boards because that's what you should do if you want to keep the books in decent condition regardless of whether your creating an archive collection or just like me and buy the stuff I like to read and presumably keep.

If you have the money, I'd take the deal and you can probably mark off a ton of books on your want list. If you aren't sold on laying out the cash, then I'd say wait. But yes, you might not be able to find all that much at once unless you get to go to a show of some sort or have a store near you with a really good bargain bin.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
If you have the money, I'd take the deal and you can probably mark off a ton of books on your want list. If you aren't sold on laying out the cash, then I'd say wait. But yes, you might not be able to find all that much at once unless you get to go to a show of some sort or have a store near you with a really good bargain bin.
most of the stores dont look like they're going to survive through this
"pandemic" bullshit, so im not sure im gonna be able to hit up all those dollar bins i love flipping through. decisions decisions :err:

most of the stores dont look like they're going to survive through this
"pandemic" bullshit, so im not sure im gonna be able to hit up all those dollar bins i love flipping through. decisions decisions :err:

Yeah, it is looking tough for the comics industry as a whole. I see creators doing special auctions for stuff with the proceeds to benefit a fund for shops but who knows what that will accomplish in the end. I haven't heard anything from my store which is part of a small chain in the region but I hope they are going to be okay.

bored as fuck so i decided to re-bag one of my short boxes. Some of my favorites ...
1st and 2nd appearances of Omega Red. Prime Jim Lee artwork. #5 is one of my all time favorite covers ...
2SJGwB6.jpg

The iconic Batman #497, where Bane breaks Batmans back and puts him in a wheelchair. One of the hottest issues form back then and also has artwork from one of my favorite Batman artists, Kelley Jones. And a signed issues of The Maxx #1.
Pg8woFq.jpg

pG5OU4W.jpg

Reactions: CiG
I ordered a copy of the Solar Flare Volume 3 trade from the publisher Scout Comics. It arrived yesterday and they included a copy of Stabbity Bunny #1 with a variant cover signed by the creator.

I ordered a copy of the Solar Flare Volume 3 trade from the publisher Scout Comics. It arrived yesterday and they included a copy of Stabbity Bunny #1 with a variant cover signed by the creator.
Keep hearing about Stabbity Bunny. I dont have too many books for Scout, but Red Winter was pretty good. Also really enjoyed the first issue of North Bend.

Oh and by the way i ended up passing on those Conan books. Just couldn't get myself to drop $100 on comics right now.

Keep hearing about Stabbity Bunny. I dont have too many books for Scout, but Red Winter was pretty good. Also really enjoyed the first issue of North Bend.

Oh and by the way i ended up passing on those Conan books. Just couldn't get myself to drop $100 on comics right now.

I've heard of Stabbity Bunny but haven't read it. I'll read the issue since they sent it.

And passing on the Conan books is probably for the best at this time because of the circumstances.

Covers like these make me wish I got into comics as a kid and had a collection. Fucking sweet, would make for amazing posters.
yeah man, Jim Lees artwork is the shit. I actually have just about every issue from his 1991 X-Men. my favorite covers are these two ....
3c4b01ce709cd32602db57710a75dce3.jpg

clean.jpg

could have sworn i'd already posted the actual pics but i cant seem to find them.

And here are a few more sweet Jim Lee pieces ...
hx6ro5d.jpg

... iconic team cover on the right
l0Vt8uT.jpg

...another bad ass Wolverine/Omega Red piece.

Reactions: CiG
I read this graphic novel thriller by Jay Faerber and Simone Guglielmini today.

AAAABook27.jpg