Comics!

I'll be able to do curbside pickup of some comics this week as my local shop can now offer that service. I'm pretty sure that I've got two trades and a couple of single issues due in. Oh and I've got to have them add a copy of Back Issue magazine if that came out this week like it was supposed to.

Meanwhile, I just finished Conan The Barbarian Volume 2 - The Life and Death of Conan Part 2.

Meanwhile, I just finished Conan The Barbarian Volume 2 - The Life and Death of Conan Part 2.
what did you think? I thought the last issue was kind of weak. Really enjoyed the Crom issue though.

Got started on Zubs run a few days ago and so far so good. Will probably be the only other marvel book outside of Punisher Soviet that i'm going to continue reading.

Never heard of Back Issue. What kind of mag is it?

what did you think? I thought the last issue was kind of weak. Really enjoyed the Crom issue though.

Got started on Zubs run a few days ago and so far so good. Will probably be the only other marvel book outside of Punisher Soviet that i'm going to continue reading.

Never heard of Back Issue. What kind of mag is it?

If you click the link in my original post, you can read my thoughts on Conan Volume 2.

I haven't started Zub's run yet. I have the first couple of issues waiting to be read.

And here's the LINK to discover what Back Issue magazine is about.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
If you click the link in my original post, you can read my thoughts on Conan Volume 2.

I haven't started Zub's run yet. I have the first couple of issues waiting to be read.

And here's the LINK to discover what Back Issue magazine is about.
hah so it looks we we both really dug the Crom issue :kickass:

I just started reading Savage Sword at issue #5 and thought it was kind of cool but it was the last story of the first arc so i need to go back and read the first 4. Didnt really enjoy #6, not a fan of Luke Ross' artwork at all. Issue 7 picked back up and i plan on knocking down a few more tonight before i go to bed.

hah so it looks we we both really dug the Crom issue :kickass:

I just started reading Savage Sword at issue #5 and thought it was kind of cool but it was the last story of the first arc so i need to go back and read the first 4. Didnt really enjoy #6, not a fan of Luke Ross' artwork at all. Issue 7 picked back up and i plan on knocking down a few more tonight before i go to bed.

I read and did brief reviews of both Savage Sword collections as well.

yea man, best news i've heard in a while. Diamond was/is a fucking virus that has slowly been killing the industry since the early 90's.
See this is interesting because on another board when Diamond first announced they were going to cease operations there was a lot of bemoaning because it seemed as if they were the only option out there. I wonder how many were aware Penguin was even an option?

Last edited:
See this is interesting because on another board when Diamond first announced they were going to cease operations there was a lot of bemoaning because it seemed as if they were the only option out there. I wonder how many were aware Penguin House was even an option?
most people on the comic boards i visit have been celebrating ever since diamond basically hit the pavement face first in March. A few of the comic shops i visited were also kind of happy. Except for the one gigantic one that probably moves more books than just about any store in the socal area. A lot of the owners i know would constantly complain about them. Shitty packaging, damaged books without giving a single fuck, shady deals on incentives etc. they just didnt have other options since diamond basically had a monopoly on the industry. DCBS and Midtown have stepped in and are doing distribution under different names(Lunar and UCS) now. And so far everyones been happy with them, especially lunar/DCBS. Ive been waiting for this day for a long time. So happy that they're finally crumbling.

Reactions: CiG
Some old school mag-sized comics i picked up form my shop today ...
jroQlwu.jpg

wkI0BWr.jpg

:lol: @RadicalThrasher @CiG

I found out today that my local shop is going to be open (under guidelines of course) to walk in buyers starting tomorrow.

FLOATING WORLD TO PUBLISH S. CRAIG ZAHLER’S DEBUT GRAPHIC NOVEL – THE FORBIDDEN SURGERIES OF THE HIDEOUS DR. DIVINUS.
After the release of three startling, award-winning movies that have played around the world, S. Craig Zahler wanted to return to his first artistic passion— illustration. With tools that he had developed as a director, screenwriter, cinematographer, novelist, and songwriter, he committed himself to writing, drawing, inking, and lettering his graphic novel debut, a full-length work entitled, Forbidden Surgeries of the Hideous Dr. Divinus.

This sprawling tale of noir horror begins in the coastal city of New Bastion. Homeless people are disappearing from the streets, and occasionally, a dismantled corpse turns up in a dumpster. These crimes are left alone, until the day a comatose woman named Lillian Driscoll is kidnapped from the hospital. Her brothers—a grumpy detective named Leo and a slick mobster named Tommy— seek answers that lead them to darkness, arcane medicine, and pain.

a9745b84c344c0ead4cc287783d370e5.jpg 7b5dc6752be6dacf9d09ab1871490c62.jpg @Terasophe
Question about the art of the 80s-90s X-Men comic
Why is there a strap that appears to be an ammo-belt wrapped around the torso of the character that never touches a firearm??

Putting this here to remind myself to check out the new Shonen Jump manga Sakamoto Days. Second issue isn't even out yet, but from what I've seen it looks awesome. It's about a retired hitman who is now a married boomer with a belly who helps his neighbours with odd jobs and runs a supermarket with his wife, and his old partner tracks him down and seeks his help.

images-9.jpeg

Sakamoto-Days-112220.jpg

firefox_pjkb7FeAJI.png

This sounds (and looks) interesting:
DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL – BAND EDITION: CRANKING IT UP TO 11 FOR THE HIT COMIC BOOK SERIES’ WORLD TOUR THIS MARCH

BURBANK, CA (February 1, 2021) - In anticipation of the international launch of DC’s runaway 2020 hit limited series, Dark Nights: Death Metal, the publisher announced today plans to collaborate with seven of the most renowned metal music bands for Dark Nights: Death Metal – Band Edition.

Representing a cross-section of metal music from across genres and generations, each special edition will feature a variant cover spotlighting a different metal band, an introduction from the band and exclusive interview. The lineup includes:

Issue #1: Featured band: Megadeth
Cover artist: Juanjo Guarnido

Issue #2: Featured band: Ghost
Cover artist: Werther Dell’ Edera

Issue #3: Featured band: Lacuna Coil
Cover artist: Timpano / Antonio Fuso

Issue #4: Featured band: Opeth
Cover artist: Mathieu Lauffray

Issue #5: Featured band: Sepultura
Cover artist: Albuquerque / Pedro Mauro

Issue #6: Featured band: Dream Theater
Cover artist: Santi Casas

Issue #7: Featured band: Ozzy Osbourne
Cover artist: Marco Mastrazzo

The Dark Knights: Death Metal seven-issue series event will launch in 13 countries internationally in March and rollout throughout 2021.
Source (with pics). I think I'll wait for the collectors' omnibus edition, though.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity