DREAM THEATER - New track to stream June 29 at 11:00 AM EST

Put me down as one of the guys doubting DT would put out something i liked but proven wrong. This new track has something nice about it that I cant put my finger on. Think it might be that the song breathes a little bit. very cool song

Ok so they are 3 shows into the Mangini era of DT and all three shows have had the exact same setlist. I'll cut them some slack and give them a little bit to let Mangini get comfortable before they start changing it up. But I hope this isn't going to be the norm. The fact that the setlist changed every night was always something that I really admired and enjoyed about DT.

Ok so they are 3 shows into the Mangini era of DT and all three shows have had the exact same setlist. I'll cut them some slack and give them a little bit to let Mangini get comfortable before they start changing it up. But I hope this isn't going to be the norm. The fact that the setlist changed every night was always something that I really admired and enjoyed about DT.

Well, if you think about it, that would take some time to build up to. Portnoy was in on the ground floor of every record so switching up the setlist was much easier than having a new guy who has to learn all the songs. I'm sure the set list switching may come back down the line, but cut Mangini some slack...

Well, if you think about it, that would take some time to build up to. Portnoy was in on the ground floor of every record so switching up the setlist was much easier than having a new guy who has to learn all the songs. I'm sure the set list switching may come back down the line, but cut Mangini some slack...

I agree, that's why I said in my post that "I'll cut them some slack". :D