Dream Theater to tour with Trivium in the fall

To me, this is just another case of Dream Theater touring in their home country with a terrible opening act when they could have just brought one of their opening acts from their European tours. Hell, there are about half a dozen bands on this year's ProgPower bill that would easily fit this bill better than Trivium. I'll never understand these choices. Nevertheless, I'll most certainly be in the audience when Dream Theater comes to Chicago.

On a final note (this one going out to Mardoch), prog snobs will always listen to Dream Theater. That way, they can keep bitching on internet forums about how they're "so not a progressive band" anymore because they don't sound like they did 17 years ago.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Roadrunner doesn't do 360 deals (and even if they did Roadrunner would make more money if they did separate headlining tours), how is this a cashgrab?

What I mean by a cash grabby RR is that it certainly costs them less to send both Trivium and DT together than it would to send each on a headlining tour of their own. Last I knew, labels do front a lot of the cash needed to put on tours. I've got to believe that the overhead on this tour is alot lower than it would be for two separate tours.

When TRIVIUM released The Crusade, I fucking loved it! They said they were done with screaming bands and decided to stop doing it also because everyone is doing it and they wanted to be different. But no, they went back to fucking screaming and Matt Heafy's screaming grates on me like no other. Holy shit does he get on my nerves! I love death metal growling and black metal shrieking, but this asshole needs to quit the annoying as fuck screaming and go back to singing. A7X stopped screaming and IMHO, are way better off. Not that I'm a huge fan or anything, but it increased their appeal big time to many more people, IMHO.

On a final note (this one going out to Mardoch), prog snobs will always listen to Dream Theater. That way, they can keep bitching on internet forums about how they're "so not a progressive band" anymore because they don't sound like they did 17 years ago.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Touché.

I'd only go to this tour if it were in my backyard and my boss walked in and said "take the day off. Dream Theater's in town."

Kidding, really. I love Dream Theater, but I loathe Trivium.