Funeral Songs for a friend

Definitely not good for a funeral but Kip Winger's "Only One Word" reminds me of all my family went thru with my grandmother... It's a gut wrenchingly emotional song for me to hear but it means so much to me...

My condolences on your friends death. Here is a song you might want to play on the list:

Last edited by a moderator:
Either on the day this thread started or the day after a one-time best friend of mine passed away of a possible heart attack at the age of 43 (he was found on the 5th). We had drifted apart some years ago and I hadn't had a real conversation with him for a decade (beyond Facebook notes), but that doesn't make it hurt any less. He would've loved these songs and I've spent the last week listening to these songs and thinking about him - a ready-made soundtrack to remember a good friend, if you will. I find the coincidence eerie that this thread started on the day he possibly died (and it scares the shit out of me that people my age are dropping dead of heart attacks).

Thank you for the warm thoughts. I completely understand what you mean Rezz, I'm 48 and the week before this thread started a another friend passed away of a heart attack at 53. Makes you think about your own mortality and puts petty things in perspective!

I appreciate the other songs people posted. There's a lot of great choices out there and some I wish I had known about before. Could have made 2 CD's.