Game Thread

I just realized that I can just buy games off newegg and put it on my preferred account. Im never paying for games directly again. I just bought 2 games and pre ordered 1 off newegg just now and im broke.

Dave, check this out...

"Several years ago, in the days of the Genesis, Sega launched Sega TV. Sega TV was a cartridge that plugged into your Genesis, and then into cable. Through Sega TV you could get new games, and be a part of an online community. Unfortunately due to the fact that cable was not as widespread as it is today, and the cost ($20 a month or so), it was unsuccessful, and soon disappeared into history as the gaming community that failed."

See I knew I wasn't crazy! I don't know when this shit was written but it's funny as hell to read it now and hear them talk about how 8 year old technology is the future haha. All I know is I have a Dreamcast, but I never got no Ethernet adapter!

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2000/040400a.html

Yeah I knew you guys would remember it! Dave and I were having trouble remembering the details the other night. I don't get how Sega has not made a worthwhile system since the Genesis, yet every idea they have seems to be years a head of its time.

of course with anything its arguable, vinny. Yea the sega CD (execpt for one game, snatcher) and the 32x were worthless. Sega Saturn had its charm (NiGHTS Namely). and the Dreamcast was sweet cept for its shitty DRM and for how easily you could pirate games. The problem with sega and there consoles is bad decision after bad decision after bad decision. Releasing 2 failed add ons for the genesis, last minute deciding that the saturn was gonna be a 3d machine. not to mention the saturn had 2 cpu's and i believe 2 gpus so it was harder to make games on it and the whole Dreamcast catastrophe, they pretty much signed their own death certificate.

Im like a walking encyclopedia for video games apparently.

That's what I mean... everything they do manages to both be ahead of everyone else, yet suck balls at the same time. I still love Unreal on Dreamcast though :)

I don't think I even knew anyone that had a 32x or a Sega Saturn. I remember when Saturn came out and you could rent it for the weekend at Video Update. We never did get around to checking it out. And within a couple months they didn't even rent them anymore. To this day I've never touched a Saturn controller. I bet that crazy mofo at Zerns has one in his secret vault!

dreamcast is one of my fav systems. sega did fuck up alot and they vowed to never make another system again!

do still have my saturn jack? or did u give it back? i forget.

l4d is free on friday. download that shit you faggots. i dont care if you dont even own a computer. make an account and download that shit. you can even preload it right now.