Juvaliant - Inhuman Nature (2010)

DTJeff

I Am My Nation
Oct 7, 2007
Allentown, PA
www.myspace.com
Just had to give this band a shout-out, since I haven't really seen any talk of them... well, pretty much anywhere. I'm generally not a huge fan of Symphonic Metal and frankly Melodic Power Metal isn't a genre at its heights these days, but I think this band has really touched on something excellent with this album. According to their Metal-Archives page they're actually unsigned and this was self-released... but on their official pages, it seems as though they're signed with limb Music. Either way, I highly recommend picking up this CD if you can get your hands on it. Really good stuff that kinda took me by surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am utterly convinced this is the power metal version of Circus Maximus now. Some of the vocal melodies are spot the fuck on.

If you get a chance, check out the 10 minute track "Cold Distance of the Universe" and then proceed to agree with me as its a Top 10 song of the year.

Great CD. I never would have thought the lead singer of Crystallion would do something that rules this much. Not that I don't like Crystallion, but I never thought of them as anything more than a pretty good generic power metal band with a generic singer. He really stands out on the Juvaliant CD.

I definitely like what I'm hearing. Thanks to "DTJeff" for starting this thread, this is a good example of why I check this forum most every day.

P.S. Good stuff, but easy with the CM vocal comparisons though... not quite to that level. ;)