Ode to Nirvana

i feel for kurt, and how he couldnt get over his addiction and all. but i never liked his music. my mourning is for kurt himself.

...and the fact he didnt shoot Love first :yell:

New Book Alleges COURTNEY LOVE Had A Part In KURT COBAIN's Death - Apr. 5, 2004

NBC's Matt Lauer talked with authors Max Wallace and Ian Halperin and Tom Grant about their new book "Love and Death: The Murder of Kurt Cobain", where they allege Courtney Love had a part in the death of her NIRVANA husband. Watch the interview that aired on Monday morning's "Today" at MSN.com.

Funny Nirvana is mentioned, when we met Opeth in Jan my friend asked Mikael what he thought about Nirvana, and he told us Nevermind blew him away, I kid not. And as far as Kurt goes, he was a great songwriter I'll give him that.

Nirvana is the posterboy of overrated, mediocre bands that music critics deem worthy of their pedestal, and then attempt to outdo eachother with the definitive statement on their sheer brilliance and pure genius. Did they have a few decent songs? Sure, but where is their influence heard now? Not in any bands I give a shit about. Just look at the Rolling Stone Top 100 Guitarists of all time: No. 12, Kurt Cobain. That's all you need to know about the credibility of popular music critics, what a fucking joke.

Kurt Cobain embodies all the things I hate most in Rock music, the scrawny, sickly, little weakling, whining about all his problems and what a tormented artist he is. But, "oh, he had a heroin problem." Fuck that, drug addiction isn't a disease, it's a weakness, and if you can't overcome it with a great career, and a fucking child depending on you, then you don't deserve to live. Suicide is the coward's way out, I have no respect for anyone who takes their own life, no matter what they've accomplished. Good Riddance

I have respect for one thing about Kurt though.....

Being able to make such a big mess.
14.jpg

all the people who said that his death is no loss, you know what? he was a fucking greater hero then chuck.

and everyone who said shit about suicide: would YOU be able to even fucking MOVE when you have 4 times the lethal dose of heroin in your blood? Kurt was murdered. the electrisian who discovered his body noticed that His hair was lying on the floor like its been combed in place. plus the shotgun was lying in a position that wouldnt allow Kurt to pull the trigger.

np: Nirvana - Mexican Seafood

It doesnt fucking matter. Christ, at least when Dead shot himself Euronymous had the decency to eat his brain and make a necklace out of his skull. What did Kurt ever acheive in death?

Damn Nirvana sucked because they put an end to cheesy guitar solos from the cock rock hair bands and most bands in general.(That is chart music) How is that good I ask you.
It is sad he didn't have the courage to face his problems but ALL drug use is self inflicted. Nobody forced him to take those drugs. He was most definately not a music pioneer and how can you say he was a greater hero than chuck. Chuck fought for his life and had the courage to face his demons. He didn't give up. How pathetic that people like him take their life when others have no choice and lose theirs early like chuck. Until his death is proven a homicide I will think of Kurt as a coward.
Demonspell you are 100% right there too.